classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Member/New Truck!

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Vents in dash, so I don't think it's a dealer upfit.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Dealer AC vents were in the dash too weren't they?

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Rembrant
I may be wrong, but I thought vents either side of the cluster was indicative of 'factory' air.

I can't see enough of the heater box through the engine to really confirm it.

Honestly, I own a Bricknose, so a lot of the minuteae is lost on me.
I just try and adsorb as much as I can.

Now under the skin, my truck is much more '80-'86 than '87-'91
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Rembrant wrote
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Dealer AC vents were in the dash too weren't they?
They were, yes.  Mine is dealer air, and I have vents in the dash on either side of the instrument cluster, as well as above the glovebox.

I don't know about later years, but in 1980 the way to tell dealer air was either by the position of the controls in the cabin (the dealer ones were a separate small panel above the driver's right knee), or how the passenger-side vents were installed (mine are cut into the 'bar' that runs above the glovebox, factory air has the bar set in between the vents).

I'm less clear on the differences in the engine compartment.  This truck has the A/C compressor in the same location as mine (above the alternator), but I don't know that's proof positive of dealer air - although most factory installations I've seen have the compressor on the driver's side of the engine.

Regardless...this is a very nice truck!
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'm learning guys!  

Thanks for keeping on top of me and pointing out the details.  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

emunder
Going to go and update this thread in the main area of the forum so I can answer some of your questions...
1986 Ford F150 XLT 4X4. 300 I6 w/ 4 speed manual.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by emunder
Welcome!!  Beautiful truck.  Good find.   

Odd that it is being imported into Texas from Minnesota, as the direction is usually the other way 'round.  But, it sure looks to have been well taken care of, so no matter from whence it came it is a great find.

Speaking of Tejas, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) on the menu and I'd be happy to add you if you'd give me a city.  You might find that you are a neighbor of someone else on here.   
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI