classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Member Introduction - Mongo Mann

Mongomann
This post was updated on .
Hello all! I am new to your forum and am surprised that I had not found it until today! I am no stranger to forums and have been an active member of many over the years but happened across yours today when I was looking for an obscure bit of Bullnose trivia doing some research on a recent parts Bronco purchase that my son and I made.

I have owned at least 12 Bulls over the years and currently have an 85' bronco about 80% complete that I have been working on for about 10 years.

My 20 YO son has already had at least 7 Bulls and daily drives an 86 F150 currently with an 86' F350 in the shop getting a Cummins 5.9L installed.

Together we run a YouTube channel called Mongo's Garage which overtime has become pretty much an all Ford truck channel with the emphasis on Bullnose trucks. There is plenty of great Bullnose content there and I hope to be able to continue the channel well into the future with aspirations to monetize and live off of it at some point. If you would like to check it out th elink is bellow.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWj-z82UywBxBGbIgf4ELmw

This is Pat, an 80' F150 that received a complete mechanical restoration but the body was left in the original Patina that this truck earned over the years. There is a great video series on the chanell about the rebuild process of this truck.

Thank you for accepting my membership and I hope to become a part of your Bullnose community here on the internet!

YouTube Content Creator Mongo Mann
BOV1 = 1985 Bronco
Aggie = 1986 F150
Clifford = 1986 F350
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member Introduction - Mongo Mann

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
So glad you've joined!

This is THE PLACE for Bullnose documentation.  šŸ˜‰
Seems like you'd have quite a bit to contribute.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Mongomann
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Nice looking truck, but then you have a lot to chose from.

Wow! You have a lot of videos.  Like you not knowing why you haven't found us, I don't know why we haven't found you.  

Hopefully you'll be able to point us to one of your videos to answer questions, just like we do to our documentation.  

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Mongomann
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Home is The Mongo's Garage complex in Avella, PA about 45 minutes southwest of Pittsburgh!

I usually don't post how too videos because of internet trolls but there are a couple informative videos on there. I recently did a how to adjust your Bullnose clock and we opened up an AC heater box to fix a broken blend door. My son Kenny likes to buy the 2WD truck and convert them to 4WD. I showed him how easy it can be done and now he is always looking for more!

BOV1 = 1985 Bronco
Aggie = 1986 F150
Clifford = 1986 F350
Reply | Threaded
|

Mongomann
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
So glad you've joined!

This is THE PLACE for Bullnose documentation.  šŸ˜‰
Seems like you'd have quite a bit to contribute.

Thank you Jim! It was the literature that got me here in the first place! LOL. I am looking to find out as much information about the Black Out Option that was available on the Bullnoses since mu recent purchase is all blacked out. I am still researching the topic and will be combing through the forum to find out if anyone has already brought it up!
BOV1 = 1985 Bronco
Aggie = 1986 F150
Clifford = 1986 F350
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Don't know much about the blackout option.
We have a lot of members who are interested in XLS and Lightnings, plus the Freewheeling packages.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.

And I assume that your 2wd to 4wd conversion is on F100's and F150's.  That's 'cause the frames on F250's & 350's are quite different in the front between 2wd and 4wd with the 2wd.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Mongomann
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
When I installed the D60 into the Bronco BOV1 I actually did it as the factory intended installing the spring perches onto the tips of the Bronco frame. It was a long time ago. LOL.
BOV1 = 1985 Bronco
Aggie = 1986 F150
Clifford = 1986 F350
Reply | Threaded
|

Mongomann
In reply to this post by grumpin
Thank you!
BOV1 = 1985 Bronco
Aggie = 1986 F150
Clifford = 1986 F350
Reply | Threaded
|

Mongomann
From what I can see the XLS got the Black Out option but the Buddha Bronco I just bought is an XLT without the XLS dash trim and special applique on the dash bezels. I always planned to do the Black Out option on my Bronco but never actually ran across one till now. LOL, the details of the obscure option fascinate me for some reason...
BOV1 = 1985 Bronco
Aggie = 1986 F150
Clifford = 1986 F350
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Quite a few of us here are intrigued by the esoteric options.
If you start a thread I'll be sure to tag Shaun.
His interest is in early ('80-81) truck options, but he has a lot of knowledge about 'the weird ones'
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
Welcome to the forum!!

This is definitely THE premier bullnose forum. I still am flabbergasted by the amount of documentation/literature uploaded here. Whoever did that must be a Bullnose NUT

Just subsribed to your channel! So much content. I do run a lesser YouTube channel with some bullnose content and mostly how-to videos. Yes there is criticism in the comments... sometimes very uncalled for, misunderstood and downright ridiculous.. but I feel satisfaction when I get to share things that work for me.

By the way, I remember seeing Pat(ina) on Facebook. It may have been you, but man what a Patina that is. Wonderful. Can't pay enough money to get that patina.
Vivek

- 'Big Blue 2WD' - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with the heart of a 1986 F250 Bullnose - under restoration
- "Bonded Bronco" -1985 Bronco - 302 4-speed fuel injected, Hibernating future project
Reply | Threaded
|

Mongomann
Once I decode the VIN and get the build sheets out of the Bronco I will post up a thread on this obscure option. From what I have seen this is a special one.... Thanks again for the warm reception!
BOV1 = 1985 Bronco
Aggie = 1986 F150
Clifford = 1986 F350
Reply | Threaded
|

Mongomann
In reply to this post by viven44
Thank you sir! My son Kenny and I post frequently on the FB groups as well so it could of been one of us! Pat was sold about 2 years ago to a young man for his first truck. He hasn't changed a thing about it and is still running it.

Thanks for the subscription, every little bit counts! What is your chanel?
BOV1 = 1985 Bronco
Aggie = 1986 F150
Clifford = 1986 F350
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
There is a tutorial on how to embed video in your posts here.
You can also link your channel in your sig.... šŸ’”
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
This is my channel. Some of the videos are just there to share a video with someone for something specific. Nothing really focused. Some random how-to videos.
https://www.youtube.com/@WorksforMe

Vivek

- "Bonded Bronco" -1985 Bronco - 302 4-speed fuel injected, Hibernating future project
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
There are several ways of embedding a Youtube.  Those are described on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's and then the Embedding tab.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by viven44
Subscribed šŸ˜‰
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
Iā€™m honored  now my content needs to elevate
Vivek