classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Folder: Quarantined Threads & Posts

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Folks, I've created a new folder called "Quarantined Threads & Posts".  You can see the presence of it, but you cannot see what is in it - mainly for your protection.  That's where we will move any posts, or even full threads if needed, that appear to be spam or not according to our guidelines.

And, we have our first quarantinee - Goodone's post, and my followup posts, in Ron/reamer's thread entitled "Got the Dual oil pressure and real voltage gauge in, No I know what "R" means.."  S/he's still not responded after more than 3 days from when I asked why the post, and more than 48 hours from when I sent an email asking for an explanation.  So I moved the post into quarantine.  Further, in 4 more days I'll permanently ban the user unless I get a reasonable explanation prior to that time.

Sorry for the drama as well as the folder into which you cannot see, but .......  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Folder: Quarantined Threads & Posts

salans7
On another forum I moderate for, we call this folder the "Staff Recycle Bin". It's sad how much stuff we have to put in there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This forum has been around about 1 1/2 years, and this is the first I've quarantined.  However, I did delete a person's post several months ago wherein an impossible condition was described and a nonsensical question asked.  Someone pointed out that the same post had been done on FTE wherein someone responded and got no response from the OP.  I should have quarantined that so I could get back to it, but I just deleted it and banned the user.

In any event, that's not too bad across 18 months.  But part of that is probably due to people having to sign up and we have to respond via email.  We didn't have that originally and started getting all kinds of spammers.

In fact, Nabble, who hosts our forum, has a support forum and it doesn't have the sign-up step and I get all kinds of spam from it.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Ok, I see....
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The answer to your question, Vinny, is stuff I don't think you should see.  "Goodone" shared a link that may have malware in it.

So far that and my responses to that post is all that's there, but over time it is where other spam, or even posts that use profanity, will be placed.  (I'll email whomever posts profanity and ask them to edit it out, but after a few days if they don't I'll have to remove the post.)