Need opinions on possible seats

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need opinions on possible seats

salans7
Lately I've been thinking about seats for the F350. Most of the bench seats around here are trashed and the ones that aren't are in the $400 range, which is ridiculous in my opinion. My daily driver Ranger has bucket seats from a 2001 Explorer Sport, and I have been wondering if they will fit in my F350. The seats have manual lumbar and plenty of bolstering so they feel like I'm driving on a pillow. Today I decided to try one out, and it seems like they fit pretty well. None of the holes line up, but most of my stock bolt holes are loose anyway, so I will need to do something about seat mounts regardless. I could also look into the aeronose seat pan. When I bought these seats for the Ranger, they were only $40 for the set, so if I can find another set, I will be in good shape. The headrest is also removable, so I can run them without for the low back bucket look. I took some pictures of one in the truck, so let me know what you guys think.

I have covers on the seat, here's what mine looks like underneath:

The other option I've considered is the rear bench out of a crew cab Super Duty as shown below. However they are still in the hundreds of dollars, although they're usually in good shape which makes it a little more fair.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need opinions on possible seats

old55pete
Just a thought, I have the front seat from a 98 Dodge in my brick nose. It is the three way seat, high back with a fold down center console. I had to make about the same mods that you are going to make for any other non stock seat
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Somehow the bucket with the headrest doesn't look "right".  (And I doubt my captain's chairs look "right" either.)  The bucket by itself looks better.

But, the SuperDuty rear seat is very interesting.  Are they the same width?  Is there a way to adapt them to fit the mid 90's pan?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
Somehow the bucket with the headrest doesn't look "right".  (And I doubt my captain's chairs look "right" either.)  The bucket by itself looks better.

But, the SuperDuty rear seat is very interesting.  Are they the same width?  Is there a way to adapt them to fit the mid 90's pan?
I'm definitely on the fence, hence the seeking opinions. I do agree about the headrest, and it would probably only be used on longer trips.

I believe they're similar in dimension, but I don't know about the seat pan.
Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
Which one is the most comfortable?
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
ETM
Reply | Threaded
|

ETM
swampedout wrote
Which one is the most comfortable?
Asking the Real Question.
I'm sort of looking for an mid 90's bench that has head rests and the center arm rest.
Eric 1981 F100 - 300 I6 - M5OD Swap 2003 G35 Drift Sedan 6mt RWD - Ricer @OnlyETM Ontario, Canada
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
The ones from the Explorer by far I'm sure, although I can't recall what a Lariat or KR SD seat feels like.