classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need one piece of the lower body moulding with black vinly insert

CliftonK
This post was updated on .
Driver side, bed in front of the wheel arch.  Short wheel base.  I keep missing out on them.  I'm not in any rush.  If someone has one, let me know what you've got.  It's the only trim missing from my truck.  
Tessa - 1982 F-100 - 300 6 with a mystery build, C6, new(to her) forged front end and not-so-stock emissions wearing a 1985 F-150 Texas Chainsaw style.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need one piece of the lower body moulding with black vinly insert

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Clifton - There are two styles.  I think that yours would use the later style, but it would be good to post a pic of one of your pieces so we can see the shape of the cross-section of the rubber.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
Two styles on the lower molding?  Didn't know that.  I'll try and remember to get a picture when I get in this afternoon. Black insert is flat on top best I can remember.
Tessa - 1982 F-100 - 300 6 with a mystery build, C6, new(to her) forged front end and not-so-stock emissions wearing a 1985 F-150 Texas Chainsaw style.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
Two styles of vinyl insert.

Before 4/81, the vinyl was tall:

After 4/81, the vinyl was smaller in height:

The part numbers you need are in the Ford parts catalog. Yellow for before 4/81, green for after 4/81.

From your signature, your 82 F100 should have the thinner style.
1984 Bronco 351 Holley Sniper EFI, 3 Speed Ford Auto.
1986 Bronco 302 EFI, AOD, Eddie Bauer, with 3G alternator.
Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
Thanks for the pictures and descriptions Vic. Mine is the latter style low profile.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
I’ll contact you directly. There’s someone I reached who may be able to help you.
Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
I assume that email was from you.  I appreciate that as well.  I have thoroughly accosted the fellow through the ebay messaging system.  Now we wait, the game is afoot!
Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
I got with him and went over what he had.  Lot of pieces of this style of trim, but all the parts I need that he has are for long wheel base.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
That’s a shame.
lt was worth a shot though.
Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
Yeah, he's got a lot of nice trim, got the ones for the cab and bed for sure, but not that piece in the size I need.  But if someone else needs some where know where to find it now.  And again, I'm not in any hurry.  I have a lot of cosmetic stuff to do to the truck.  It would be nice to have the piece of trim that is very obviously missing, but there's a lot more ugliness going on than that.
Reply | Threaded
|

gotfords
if you can confirm if the bronco trim is the same....i know of a bronco in the pic a part here i could check on getting for ya
TOMMY SIDES
KINGMAN AZ

1986 F150 SWB 2WD REG CAB INLINE 6
4BBL CARB OFFY INTAKE SPLIT HEADER LOWERED 3" F AND 4" R

1984 F250 LWB 2WD REG CAB 460 CARB CALIFORNIA TRUCK
IT PASSES SMOG...LOL

1980 f100 REG CAB SHORT BED 2WD...NO MOTOR OR TRANNY YET!!! FACTORY 300 W/MANUAL IN FLOOR AND A/C
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
Forward of rear wheels trim on Bronco is 12”. I think the truck needs longer than that.
Reply | Threaded
|

gotfords
yes my short bed trim piece is 19"
TOMMY SIDES
KINGMAN AZ

1986 F150 SWB 2WD REG CAB INLINE 6
4BBL CARB OFFY INTAKE SPLIT HEADER LOWERED 3" F AND 4" R

1984 F250 LWB 2WD REG CAB 460 CARB CALIFORNIA TRUCK
IT PASSES SMOG...LOL

1980 f100 REG CAB SHORT BED 2WD...NO MOTOR OR TRANNY YET!!! FACTORY 300 W/MANUAL IN FLOOR AND A/C