classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

My 1984 Project

Leatherneck_1775
This post was updated on .
I picked this 84 XLT Bronco up last summer from central Montana for $600. It has a 351W with the manual 4 speed tranny,  hauled it home, charged the battery, turned the motor by hand, removed the spark plugs shot some oil into the cylinders and turned it over. Since then I've replaced all the plugs, wires, fuel pump, filters, radiator, cap and rotor. I've also spent hours repairing the engine wiring harness (what a mess) Currently I have the old fuel tank out, a new one waiting to go back in along with a sending unit. I am also in the process of rebuilding the front end. What started out as " Lets replace the wheel bearings and brakes" has turned into a full blown rebuild. It does need it though, u joints are dry and rusty, shocks are are wore out, bushings are wore, all steering tie rods are no good. once that is done and back together i will service the rear end THEN..... the rear main, oil pump and water pump..... whew gotta love these rides though, my boys are in love with this Bronco and they were actually the reason I bought it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: My 1984 Project

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's a great project!  Hope the boys are helping you.  There is no better way to learn than with your father.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Leatherneck_1775
That they do, the boys have BIG plans for this Bronco.
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Always did have a soft spot for those red and white Broncos. My younger brother had the same one in red and white, XLT with a 351 w that he bought new at the local Ford dealer. Sadly him and the Bronco are gone
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

gatof16
My favorite paint scheme!
1986 F150 4x4 351w (rebuilt) EFI AOD

1986 Bronco 302 EFI AOD (White

1982 Bronco 302 C6 (Black)

1982 Bronco 302 C6 (Black/Silver/Rust)

1988 Lockheed Martin F16 PW229 MMC