Moving

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Moving

Ray Cecil
Well, I figured I would get my thoughts out here. Since we are all friends, and we all like to tell each other what to do....hahaha.....figured you old farts could read this and offer any advice.

Anyway, after a year or so of discussion with my wife, I finally included my mother and sister in the conversation.

Holly and I have been considering moving a little closer to Tulsa. We've made the dicision to go for it. We are trying to move in about 1.5 years.

So, some of you know how much I have going on. Suffice it to say, I will be busting my ass to clean house, finish projects, and liquidate unnecessary stuff from the garage.

Yes Jim, I am putting a lot of work in this garage. But its not all lost. Its equity. I will be sad to leave it, but I want to get it functional before I do.

We are looking to relocate somewhere from Little Rock to the upper North East corner of Arkansas, possibly southern Missouri. Holly has heart problems. I cannot ask her to keep making an 11 hour trip, by her self, 3 times a year, with the kids. If we live in the middle, she gets a short drive, her family can come to us too. Right now, no one ever comes to see us. Its just too difficult for financial reasons, or vacation time, or whatever for her family.

All I have left is one sister and my mother. Sis inherits 900 acres from her husbands side, they will go there soon, and mom will follow her. That will leave us all alone in Louisville. No sense in sinking roots in much further.

No Gary, we wont move to Skiatook, but I wont have any issues making the show every year from Arkansas.

Anyone want a 87 bronco? Come get it out of my way.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Moving

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You aren't even done with the shop and you are selling it?  But, I do understand.

Holly has heart problems?  Sorry to see that.

As for AR or MO, the SW corner of MO seems to get a lot more bad weather than we do.  There just seems to be something about that area that gets hit more often.  So, while I like Joplin and Springfield, I'd check out the weather before moving there.

Anyway, look forward to having you closer!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ray Cecil
Really sorry to hear your wife is not well, Ray.
Being closer to her family in BA(?) will certainly be less stressful for her.

I'm sure, after that much careful consideration you're both making the best decision for your family.

While that doesn't bode well for your recent decision to strike out on your own handyman business WRT developing a client base and a reputation for being as hard working and organized as you've proved to be here on the forum.
You're still young and can make a go wherever you ultimately land.

You speak of sinking roots in the community... (or not)
Be cognizant of your children.
While they are young this is the only world they know, so hopefully they will know a place of opportunity, adventure and get a chance to develop lifelong friendships with playmates and neighbors.

Wish you all, the best!
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
You aren't even done with the shop and you are selling it?  But, I do understand.

Holly has heart problems?  Sorry to see that.

As for AR or MO, the SW corner of MO seems to get a lot more bad weather than we do.  There just seems to be something about that area that gets hit more often.  So, while I like Joplin and Springfield, I'd check out the weather before moving there.

Anyway, look forward to having you closer!
I am shooting for 1.5 years from now. Plenty of time to finish the shop, or get it functional.

Holly was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation a little over a year ago. Heart ablation didnt help, she has to take medications. The heart monitor recorded an episode of 200bpm. They said its the worse case they've ever seen in a thin, fit healthy woman. She is only 38. Ive seen her pass out and watched her veins popping out of her neck during an episode. Shes lucky to not have heart damage.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
So sorry to see that.  I'll keep her in my prayers.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
As someone who just made this move (everything me and my better half own, including 3 vehicles) I know how hard this process can be. But its totally been worth it. I took a major paycut but my partners health has improved dramatically being in a dry climate and seeing her doing better and being happier is a priceless reward.
I love northern Arkansas and southern Mo. I used to stop for a couple days whenever I drove through just to soak it in.
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Did you move to arizona or new mexico?