Looking for a Nice Daily Driver.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Looking for a Nice Daily Driver.

Ray Cecil
The time is approaching to start looking for options as a daily. My 99 Silverado is approaching 355,000 smiles, and I want to restore it one day. I better put it in the barn before there is nothing left of it.

Looking for a nice truck. Rust free. Air, heat, automatic, v8. Prefer Bullnose but I will look at Bricknose. 2wd or 4wd. Half or 1 ton. Regular cab supercab, anything really. Needs to be reliable and not need much. I'll look at gas or diesel. I am going to be traveling for thanksgiving out toward Gary, just north of him up in Bartlesville. So, if you are between Louisville Kentucky, and Bartlesville let me know.

And no, I am not going to daily my flareside. Ive decided to start doing more to it also.

Willing to pay upwards of $15,000 for the right truck. Wish I had bought big blackie last year.

1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Looking for a Nice Daily Driver.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Big Blackie was a steal at $15k.

Anyway, you said "Half or 1 ton."  Did you skip 3/4 ton on purpose?  (Personally I'd skip 3/4 ton 4wd due to the ride, but thought I'd ask.)
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Looking for a Nice Daily Driver.

Ray Cecil
Yes I kick myself all the time for not bidding on that truck. That guy STOLE it at $15k.

I would look at a 3/4. Never drove one, and you say the ride is horrible, so maybe I should steer clear. I dunno. Im looking for one that is in good shape and needs next to no work done on it.

Id kind of prefer a supercab or crew cab, or a even a bronco. Would be nice to get my whole family in it.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed