Is there any interest in a Bullnose meet?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Is there any interest in a Bullnose meet?

Clutch47
Just posing this question as a conversation starter and idea.

I belong to a motor club that has a couple acres and a clubhouse. If the interest is there, I'd consider hosting a 'Bullfest' of sorts.

There are hotels within 10 miles, and we have plenty of room to park a camper.
 A fire pit, a pavilion, a byob bar (because of licensing and insurance) and full restaurant size kitchen so we could eat and shoot the breeze comfortably if it's crappy out.
     We have hosted some decent sized events and public dinners as well as many chicken barbecues.

Just a thought.
All Ford all the time.
83 F-100 300-6/C6
69 Merc Montego convertible 393 4V Cleveland
86 LTD Crown Vic 2 door sedan 347 AOD
03 F-250 SD 5.4 2V
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Is there any interest in a Bullnose meet?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
For the others, you are in east-central PA, above Harrisburg.  That might be a good spot to gather for the easterners of the forum, but I'll let them respond.

I know you are new to the forum, but we do have a show in September here in Skiatook, OK, which is just north of Tulsa.   It is billed as an all-Ford truck show, but that's because we didn't have enough Bullnose trucks to warrant having a show just for them when we started.

You can read about last year's show in the 2023 Ford Truck Show Results thread, but we had members of the forum there, including Jeff Parent/Big Brother from Mt Tremblant, QC Canada & Larry Bolan/Ratdude747 from Madison, IN.  But we had others from Colorado, Alabama, Kansas, & Missouri.  And all in all we had 10 Bullnose trucks.

I'm not saying that to discourage other get togethers.  Just pointing out the one in September that you, or others, may want to join.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Clutch47
I might actually be able to get to that. (Carlisle was a thing for me and I used to go launch rockets near Scranton) whereas Tulsa is a bit too far given my work demands and location in CT..

Even if it doesn't happen I'd still be glad to meetup with some members around here (the shop teacher in Newburgh, and the guy in Waterford with the light 250 for sure)
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
scheduling dependent of course but if it lined up with a trip, I'm already taking then I would certainly be willing. but still a good way from Winston Salem area.
Reply | Threaded
|

Clutch47
OK is out of my reach for sure. I'd bet that was a good time.
 I'll look at events throughout the season and see if a date is appropriate.
All Ford all the time.
83 F-100 300-6/C6
69 Merc Montego convertible 393 4V Cleveland
86 LTD Crown Vic 2 door sedan 347 AOD
03 F-250 SD 5.4 2V
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
I think that Skiatook show dates are always around mid-September.  Gary can confirm that.

If so, I propose that an “East Bullnose Show” event should happen in spring time, to not spoil Gary’s Skiatook one.

Gary - Is it possible that Skiatook Truck Show is about to spawn a few Bull meetings offspring?
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
We take a vote.
It's used to be before labor day to minimize conflict with kids in school, etc
But I think last year was an exception, and IDK what will happen going forward.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We did take a vote and we opted for some weekend after the Labor Day weekend.  I chose two weeks after last year and we had a good turnout.  So this year it'll probably be then as well, but I've not nailed it down quite yet.

It would be cool if there could be something for those of you on the east.  Maybe I could fly in for it?

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Only if you bring the brownies!  

Harrisburg is pretty central to NY/CT/VT/MA and OH/KY/MD/VA

IDK much about where to have a meet but at least there's accomodations (as long as no conflict w/ Carlisle)
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

dirtymac
I would be interested but it will depend on the location.  I'm in Louisiana on the Gulf Coast.  Oklahoma is potentially doable and I'm familiar with that drive to that area.  I'm not sure how far my truck will make it yet but we currently have a trip to Central Arkansas planned for the Eclipse in April.  I'm hoping to have her in good enough shape to pull my tear drop up there.
Will
--
1982 F250 4x4 400/C6 Dana60
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
You should meet up with Nick & George. 💡

They have a great ex-military 300-6 truck 'Brutus' and a '77 bordello red Ranchero that looks right out of Starsky and Hutch.

ETA: they live the east bank of NOLA in Lutcher.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

dirtymac
Oh sweet!  I'll have to see if I can find them.  That isn't far from us and there are a couple of junk yards out that way I want to hit up.
Will
--
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
If you find a post and click George's username there is an option to 'send email'
But the UI is broken software and you will get a response that it didn't go through.
Gary is aware of this, but can't fix it, so he recommends CCing yourself so you know it was sent.

I'll go look for one of his posts about upgraded factory radios or their AMAZING top of the line Ranchero. (Nick is an electronics wiz, and George is a recording engineer)

If the email system is not working you can tag them to this thread, or I could even text him (as I sent them a Holley 0-80457s for the harlot 'half a pickup')
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/The-FORD-Lounge-tp30992p79311.html

I stand corrected, it's a 79 1/2

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

dirtymac
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
My husband already found them and texted me about the radio ... we've been debating about our current broken radio.  He likes the factory radio, I want a big car play screen for my phone.  This is going to make things even more interesting.
Will
--
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The universe works in weird ways sometimes......  🤯
 Jim,