classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Interior plastics paint prep

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The way the door panel meets the dash changed in '87, and again in '92.

I imagine the foot of the A pillar changed to fit the newer versions of the dash as well.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I suppose I'm going to have to pull all the interior from my truck if I want the colors to match.
Mine is canyon red like pebcak.

Since it's a Custom truck there's no chrome and when I replaced the arm rest pads I put them back in black rather than pay for color.
The drivers door panel is worn smooth at the top from my arm hanging out the window.
Not sure anything can be done about that.

So:
Detergent wash.
Solvent wash.
SEM prep depending on the type of plastic.
Paint
UV inhibitor top coat

How long before these pieces can be installed?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by PetesPonies
Here are the pics, albeit poor quality.  But you can see that things are quite different.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI