I found a Step and tow bumper for my 83 Flareside

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I found a Step and tow bumper for my 83 Flareside

Starliner
This might work. A FB find. Probably an old Ranger bumper. Just mocking it up, I think it will be worth a little effort.

JOE

1983 F150 XL Flareside, Shortbed.
4 X 4, auto, 351w, 4bbl added.

"It's hip to be square."
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I found a Step and tow bumper for my 83 Flareside

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Cool!  

It looks better than I thought!
I always think of Broncos & Flaresides having the skinny little bumper, but this seems a lot more functional.  👍
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

ckuske
Administrator
In reply to this post by Starliner
Let me know if you see any vendor markings or part numbers on the bumper, I'd be interested in finding a suitable step bumper for my flareside as well.  
Chris

'84 F-150 XL 2WD Flareside, 302 w/ AOD transmission, Motorcraft 2150 feedback carb w/ CA Emissions, EEC-IV w/TFI, factory A/C, Tilt Column, Borgeson/Bluetop Steering, Speed Control, 308,000+ miles - Info about me and my truck - My project thread
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Years ago my brother saw a flare with a step and I asked if to looked to wide for the truck and he said no.
I then asked if he know what it was from as there was no info on them and he did not.

Some thought maybe a S10 pick up step might work but dont know of anyone that gave it a try to say yes or no on.

Looks good just needs to go a little higher to cover the openings for the brackets.
Do you have any brackets or you got to come up with them?

I knew I would be pulling more than a step bumper could handle so I went with a frame mounted hitch.

My truck also came with the normal skinny flare side bumper that I filled in hols a PO driller for the plate and shaved the bumper bolts.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100