I finally did it.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I finally did it.

CliftonK
Alright Gary, I finally checked, I never did create an account.  Makes me wonder what I did sign up for as I remember using this username for something else.  But either way, I'm here now.

Tessa - 1982 F-100 - 300 6 with a mystery build, C6, new(to her) forged front end and not-so-stock emissions wearing a 1985 F-150 Texas Chainsaw style.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I finally did it.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Clifton!  Glad you joined.  

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) - may I add you?  (All y'all - I know where he lives.)

How 'bout telling us what truck(s) you have?  And, maybe add them to a signature?  The directions on adding a sig are in the FAQ's: Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.

By the way, this forum is unlike some others in that unless you either post in a thread or subscribe to it, or the folder it is in, you'll not get notified via email for new posts.  That's explained on the Email Notification tab on the FAQ's page.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
Good to know about needing to subscribe, I saw the check box and clicked it out of habit. Looks like I can email responses to this thread? I'm doing it anyway. I saw the map and was going to ask you to add me.  Will update signature soon. Site layout may take me awhile to get used to.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020, 6:02 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome, Clifton!  Glad you joined.  

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) - may I add you?  (All y'all - I know where he lives.)

How 'bout telling us what truck(s) you have?  And, maybe add them to a signature?  The directions on adding a sig are in the FAQ's: Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.

By the way, this forum is unlike some others in that unless you either post in a thread or subscribe to it, or the folder it is in, you'll not get notified via email for new posts.  That's explained on the Email Notification tab on the FAQ's page.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/I-finally-did-it-tp53982p53984.html
To unsubscribe from I finally did it., click here.
NAML
Tessa - 1982 F-100 - 300 6 with a mystery build, C6, new(to her) forged front end and not-so-stock emissions wearing a 1985 F-150 Texas Chainsaw style.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are, quite literally, on the map.

And, as you've seen, you can reply via email.  But it brings a fair amount of extra characters with it.  Your thread, your call.

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
In reply to this post by CliftonK
I noticed that, I will have to look at that more.  If you could turn off the extra somehow, it would be really convenient.

So I have an 82 F-100 with a 300 6 with a C6 behind it, I tore down to the frame for about 16 months before putting back together.  Drove it for almost two weeks first.  Didn't really do much to it, needed a new sending unit and exhaust manifold.  I picked up a donor truck in Mississippi.  85 F-150, much cleaner than my truck, different trim package.  No title and a failed EFI to carb swap, cost me $450.  Gave the 302 and AOD to a friend of mine to get his 80 model work truck going again.  His mechanic told him he didn't have enough computer to run the AOD so he went out and picked up a use small block c6.  I think his truck had a 351m in it before, burned up a piston or two if I remember right.  So no he's got a big block C6 and an AOD and he's being pretty tight lipped about it.

I swapped all the body, sans cab, over to my truck as well as most of the interior.  Never finished painting the blue interior black to match so I have a two tone interior.  Might keep it two tone when I get around to finishing it one of these days.  AB showed me a picture of his 6 and that's how I painted mine.  Never finished that either.  Was going to keep the red/black theme going out through all the accessories, so that's on the later list now.  When I get around to painting the truck I'm going to do black with some kind of red accents.  Thinking about doing the middle section of the front fenders and carrying that back through the rest of the panels as some form of striping.  So may carry that color combo into the interior if I don't go with gray/black.  I have a folder full of truck pictures with different paint schemes, trim packages, color combos and there are a lot of good looking options, hard to choose just one.  Would like to eventually put leather buckets in.  Local scrap yard quoted me $25 on the 92-96 seat pan with tracks that guys on ebay are asking $250-350 for not counting shipping.  Only thing is they didn't have one on the yard when I was there last and I haven't been back in awhile.

I also swapped the rear leafs as mine were shot, grabbed the forged I beams from the donor as well.  Got all new brakes on the front, but haven't installed the hubs/rotors and bearings yet.  Forgot to order seals for them and while waiting I added the rest of the brake stuff so I could drive the truck some.  Need to get the stuff to replace the rear as I have a warped drum on the passenger side.  Considering  a disc brake conversion, and I'm short on parts money for now, so haven't done much with the rear except adjust them so I can stop and they don't lock up too bad.  Had a lot of parts die on the shelf, starter, alternator, mechanical fuel pump.  Right now I'm working on the emissions stuff and getting ready to modify it, intent is to see what I can do for fuel economy(hope to not destroy the motor).  The experts say it's not going to work, just going to lose a ton of HP.  I still need to get some baseline numbers, I have no idea what she's getting now.  Also hurting for shocks, all mine are dead.  I can grab the bumper and snap the truck like a whip and it'll shake like a water bed.  Affects driveability some.  Hit a bump today and she did some sort of electric slide to the right about four feet.  Wouldn't have been very exciting except I was on a bridge at the time.

Needs a bit more love, and she's ugly as all get out right now.  I call her Tessa, but could nickname her the bruise.

Also, what's left of my donor truck is up for grabs.  Need it gone soon.  Cab seems to be in pretty good shape, and I have a frame that's pretty good.  Front crossmember is bent up some, I didn't look at the truck when I bought it, so it could have been that way, but I think my buddies mechanic did it.  I also took the radiator support mounts, but have mine that would work if you welded a washer to the top.  Even got some grade 8 bolts to put them back on with(misplaced and repurchased a lot of parts in the last year).  Those two items are free to a good home.  I have a lot of parts I'd let go for shipping if anyone needs them.  I was supposed to have all my extra vehicles gone, and my lean to(shop) torn down by next week or the insurance was going to drop us.  I haven't got that far yet so looks like one more insurance company and another year to knock out their honey-do list(third time is the charm).

I also have a 92 ranger I need to finish throwing parts out so I can sell it.  That one is ugly as sin, looks like someone did the body work with a wrecking ball and one of those claw machines.  I figure it'll have to be mechanically sound before I can get rid of it.
Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK

Trying the email thing again.  This time I noticed some dots.  I think I deleted all the extra, we'll see.
Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
Looks like email replies are back on the table.  They take a little longer to post it seems.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Do you edit the email reply to get the extraneous stuff out?

On your truck, did you notice if the forged axles have king pins or ball joints?  We were just discussing that, and the MPC seems to say that forged had king pins.

We have a section for advertising things: Marketplace/For Sale, Trade, or Free To A Good Home and you could advertise the stuff there.

Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
I'm going to say ball joints, but my memory isn't the greatest and I didn't check for that specifically.  I was under the impression ball joints started in 82, but the larger applications, starting with the F250(not sure about the light duty version) had king pins.

On the email, I clicked the three dots that were hiding the rest of the message and deleted all of it. That gave me a blank slate for a clean reply.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, I'll give it a try.  The extraneous stuff is gone.  But, I think, IIRC, the signature doesn't come through.  Let's see.

Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
I'm going to tell you the signature is added by the forum to every post.  If it didn't, it wouldn't update your signature in older posts of yours.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are right.  I saw that it got added.  Good call!

But I'm doubting that the emoji selection on Gmail will come through on the form.  Here's what people are looking like today:  😷

Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
Looks like an even larger emoji selection.  Not seeing that one on the site's drop down.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
good to be here grumpin, semper fi
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Semper Fi!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona