classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello

frothbeast
Hello,

I used to be a chevy guy, and detested all non-chevy vehicles.  Now I am getting a bit older, and I own 2018 Jeep, 58 Bug, 60 Bug, 67 VW bus (project), and an 1986 Ford E350 Econoline RV. Not one Chevy now!

I joined here because I found the wiring schematic for the F series to be helpful, but i am hoping to make the connection to someone with the E-series electrical drawings.

The motorhome has a 460, which I bought cheap with 3 bent rods in it since the rocker hold downs loosened themselves off on cylinder 5 and 6.  2 lifters were out, but i was able to get 3 new rods for $8.  So I put the lifters back in (hopefully in the holes they came out from) and it's firing on all cylinders now. There is still some backfire under load so I still might be into it for a head gasket set.

Is there a section for Vans in this forum?

Thanks,

Frothbeast
1986 Ford Econoline Motorhome "Travelaire" 460 engine
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I would add you if I knew the town.

As for vans, we don't have a separate section.  Just go ahead and post in the main section.  But unfortunately my schematics don't cover the vans.  Perhaps someone else has some?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

frothbeast
Hey I am from the middle of nowhere Ontario Canada.  Just above Lake Erie, North of Cleveland, East of Detroit.

I live on Erieau road, a few miles out from Erieau.

I used your schematic to get me part of the way through my troubleshooting, but the connectors and wire colours are not working out when it comes to marking lights and trailer lights(and then the conversion to an RV

1986 Ford Econoline Motorhome "Travelaire" 460 engine
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by frothbeast
You are now on the map.

As for the wire colors, I think you are into a difference with the customizing company.  Ford was pretty consistent in their wire colors, as you can see here: Documentation/Electrical/Standard Wire & Color Codes.

Our church van/bus is hard to troubleshoot 'cause the outfit that converted it did all sorts of weird wiring that doesn't match Ford's colors.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI