classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
216 messages Options
1 ... 4567891011
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello new users!

mat in tn
it's funny how we name our trucks. I actually have a "dolly". I did a faux patina paint job and figured that was close to her comment about being a lot of work to look this cheap.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon M
Dolly is a national treasure. I will die on this hill! haha
Jon
1984 Single Cab F150 300/4.9L i6 named 'Dolly'
4X4 - rear 3.55 limited slip, Dana 44
and nothing fancy ... yet.
Reply | Threaded
|

Mrteamrope
In reply to this post by mat in tn
Nice to see I'm not the only one. Mine is an lifted 83 F250 running on 37's that I call Shorty. 6.9 Diesel with a 4 speed manual. She's got some issues I'm working trough but for what I paid at auction and what has been done to her before I got it I'm not complaining.

1983 F250 XL Diesel 4 speed manual 4X4 that's lifted and runnin on 37s Named Shorty
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1982 XLS 4WD

BetterThanItWas
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Hello and thank you for letting me join your group. I’m looking for information on my stripe kit and / or, where I can find/buy a replacement kit - thank you
Reply | Threaded
|

Stretch
Hi my name is stretch, I have just bought a e150 van 1987 only had the van since Monday will try and work out how to use the forum just getting it ready for mot as it’s been of the rod for 2 years
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Hello, Stretch!  Glad you joined.

But you do realize that most of our documentation is for the F-Series pickups, and mainly from 1980 - 86. Right?  

That’s not to say you can’t be here or we can’t help. It is just that most of our knowledge is for the earlier pickups. And we have a number of members who don’t have one of these trucks, so that isn’t a requirement.

MOT?  Where’s home?  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member’s Map in the menu) and can add you with a city/state or postal code.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Stretch
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

81-F150-Explorer
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
The E-series vans were based on the F-series, so some of the information will be helpful here.

The thing is though the E-series van was not redesigned in the 80's like the F-series. So the 1975-1991 E-series have more in common with the 1973-1979 F-series, than our 1980-86's.
Truck: 1981 F-150 Explorer / Engine: 300-6 California MCU Feedback System / Trans: T-18 - 4 speed / 2.75 Ford Rear Axle Open Diff.
Reply | Threaded
|

n550jex
Hi my names antoneo, I got a 1986 F150 single cab mounted on a old box truck frame with a 4.9L, I'm trying to fine the engine year and frame year to cross reference for chassis part, anyone think they can put. Me in the right direction
Here's a pic of the beutiful beast
<nabble_a href="IMG_20230703_230615.jpg"

Also has anyone done a dash swap for a newer for into one the bull nose bodies
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Antoneo.  Glad you joined.  

You may want to visit the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's to see how to post pics as we can't see your pic.

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state.

As for the dash swap, Bill/85lebaront2 has done that.  I suspect he'll be along soon.

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by n550jex
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

n550jex
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thank you, that def will help, i noticed i was having trouble loading it yesterday off my phone lol.
sweet ill see about picking his brain.
Reply | Threaded
|

n550jex
also home for me is Sarasota, FL
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map, Antoneo.

Reply | Threaded
|

NorCal-Ed
Hello, thank you for your site.
I hope I can learn how to use it.
I have an 84 F150 extra cab automatic, long bed, 4x4, with very low miles for it’s age, under 100,000 miles. I have pictures but reading how to post a picture was Greek to me.
I hopefully was able to post pictures at the end of this post.
It is completely stock and a California vehicle which means I have to leave all the smog in place. I’m hoping to learn everything I can to be able to get this 302 2 bbl to the best tune I can in spite of all the smog. I need to understand all the vacuum from smog to whatever else is actuated with vacuum, I’m guessing a truck this age is going to have cracked vacuum lines which will play havoc on tuning. Need to know how to trouble shoot and find all the vacuum associated items.
I have a “stumble” right off throttle. You can feather the throttle and get it past the stumble but the truck just seems to have a hard time getting up to speed. Seems sluggish. The tires are a size or two taller than stock maybe this is part of the sluggish issue? I want to rebuild the carb. I’m thinking excellerator pump and this is where I am hoping to tap into your brain trust. Maybe it’s a vacuum issue? Maybe a timing issue? Maybe a carb issue?
Maybe it is a combo of things? Looking for everything I can check and eliminate. What is the best kit?
I have Orilleys, Auto Zone and Napa locally and of course the internet.
Carb adjusting, Timing, transmission kick down adjustment, choke adjustment. Overall there is a lot of wires and hoses (smog) I’m guessing to wade through just to get to the engine and I’m guessing that all this smog has got to be working correct to get the best tune I can.
Also I tried to follow the instructions to post an intro of me and the truck. I’m not sure if this is the correct spot. I tried following my initial set of instructions from my email I received from registering and links to get info about me sent so an administrator could evaluate and give me final clearance and access but it was not obvious to me what, where and how to do it. It appears that this forum is designed for a computer and all I have is an iphone.
Any help with navigating and posting would be appreciated.
Right up front I am a computer/Tech dummy, which makes my objective of having access to all the knowledge and help offered here almost out of reach.
Thank you in advance
Ed from north east California near Nevada and Oregon boarders where the pavement ends and the west is still wild. I know doesn’t fit the typical image of what people think of California. I live where the Sierra’s end and the Cascade’s begin on the east side of the mountains in the high desert right where the pine trees end and all the farm land for raising hay and ranching begins. I can leave my back yard and for the most part make to Idaho through Nevada or into east Oregon without getting on any pavement (almost) so I need to get this 84 in tip top shape.
Thank you again
Ed

IMG_5446.jpeg

IMG_5443.jpeg
IMG_5445.jpeg
IMG_5444.jpeg

IMG_5447.jpeg

1984 F150 302 2v C6 automatic extra cab long bed 4x4 California smog equipped completely stock registered in California therefore can not delete smog. This is my current “Bullnose” project.

1976 1/2 ton short bed 4x4
1984 1/2 ton extra cab long bed 4x4
1985 1/2 ton short bed 4x4
1996 F250 Powerstroke crew cab manual 6 foot bed 4x4 with 1 ton straight axle up front
2001 F350 Powerstroke crew cab manual 8 foot bed 4x4

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Ed!
I see you are having a little trouble posting pics and that is probably because the image file is too large.
When you click the orange 'insert image' button choose file size 'large' and that should clear thing's up.
But as you've made this introductory post and have questions about your California emissions I'd suggest you start a new subject down in the main forum where our resident carb and tune up guru Bill Vose might better help you.
Lots of us like Mike's Carburetor Parts online. You get the right parts the first time. They are very knowledgeable and have a bunch of rebuild/tuning tutorials on their YouTube channel.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

NorCal-Ed
Thanks Jim for the welcome
As far as getting pics posted I mentioned I am using an iphone, not sure if that is an issue, I do not have a computer, it is an issue for me as far as viewing. In a lot of cases I have to turn my phone sideways to view the page for example signing in. Once I put in my email the page moves to the left and I can only see the end of the right side of the password box. I can see the whole box if I turn my phone sideways but the header and footer take up 2/3’s of the screen and make viewing difficult as well.

As far as attaching a picture I used the paper clip icon at the top of the text box. It sounds like that might be the wrong choice. I do see an orange button, I think, is it rectangle and second from the left?

I am going to give it a try right now and see what happens.

Let me try again

Well no joy. Same as above “nabble_img src= etc”

However it inserts it in the middle of a sentence above in my text.

I do really want to get this sorted out so I can move on and be able to communicate effectively with others.

What am I doing wrong or is it the fact that I do not have a computer only an iphone?

Thank you again

Ed

1984 F150 302 2v C6 automatic extra cab long bed 4x4 California smog equipped completely stock registered in California therefore can not delete smog. This is my current “Bullnose” project.

1996 F250 Powerstroke crew cab manual 6 foot bed 4x4 with 1 ton straight axle up front

Reply | Threaded
|

NorCal-Ed
Woot woot I was unaware that the image would only be text until after it actually posted I am going to try posting the pics from my original post to see if I can send multiple pics in a post.

This is a test to see if I can post multiple pics in one post. I added the pics after the first paragraph and all the “text jpeg info” was place at the beginning of the post going to send now to see how it posts. Any direction will be appreciated. ;-)

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by NorCal-Ed
Ed, I see your picture just fine!
I can't offer any iPhone specific help as I'm on Android, but I do know that Gary our founder uses his iPad and iPhone exclusively, so maybe he has some advice about your screen viewing issues.

I'm going to suggest that you start a new topic down in the main forum where your posts will get more visibility than this tiny corner of the new users sub-section.

Once again, thank you for joining our community and thank you for persevering through your apparent posting problems.
We really try hard to make the forum easy and inclusive for everyone. Unfortunately the forum software is rather old and doesn't always play nice with current generations of users hardware.

I know that Gary is rather busy these days but I will try to attract his attention by assigning this post to him.....  😐
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
1 ... 4567891011