classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello all

Idaho Potato
New user here.

I found this site searching for Gear Vendor help.

I have a 1985 Extra Cab 250 4x4 with the 6.9 and an ATS turbo. Gear Vendor overdrive. 4.10's and an old man lounger interior that's slated for a change.

Had a 89 7.3 but it was 2WD so I sold it. had 60K original miles and rust free but it became worthless to me in north Idaho. Rode like a Cadillac.

Dave
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello all

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Dave!  Glad you joined.  

The truck sounds interesting.  The turbo ought to wake that IDI up, and the Gear Vendors overdrive out to tame those 4.10s.  

Show us some pics?  This site makes it kind of hard to post pics so you might want to read how to do that on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQs.

And you might be interested in the map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map.  I can add you with a city/state or zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Idaho Potato
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Dave!  

6.9 is a stone reliable engine. Though I've never installed a turbo on one myself, it does wake them up.
I'm sure you need that on the continental divide.
I might have been tempted to swap the 7.3 given how easy it is to make power with one of those.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Idaho Potato
When I tried taking my 7.3 IDI above 7000 feet it was junk. I have heard they loose about 10% of power per 1000 feet of elevation gain. I was going 25 mph and finally did a U turn back down the grade.
Reply | Threaded
|

Idaho Potato
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Sandpoint, Idaho 83864 . 7 miles NE of city center.

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map, Dave.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'm not saying stock. But the 7.3 has simple potential.
Obviously the turbo is going to work at altitude, they were developed for aircraft. 💡

I had a Hudderite/Mennonite aunt that lived up near the border, back in the day.
The Continental divide sure is beautiful.

Glad you've joined us!  👍
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.