Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ford dual tank silliness

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
So, therapeutic?  ðŸ¤”

Yeah, I like looming things too.
My dad taught me lacing way, waaaaay back.
I used to make up all the avionics and deployment harnii at my rocket club.....
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
I wouldn't say therapeutic, but it's something I can be artistic with. If you can see "art" in a bunch of wires. 🤣
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
It's a Zen thing for me.
I get into the moment, and it just happens...

I was on the board of my rocket club for well over a decade, and Range Safety Officer...
It was a fun, if incredibly expensive, hobby.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
In reply to this post by Ifitaintbroke
Harness is complete, at least until it gets into the truck.

I hope it's long enough

Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think it'll be long enough, Bradley.  

Looks good!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Thanks. I'll try to do a full write up on it in a dedicated thread, for anyone wanting to permanently fix this system. (Assuming it works). Senders are pretty accurate at the bottom end. Rear checked at 74 ohms, and front at 73.9. I should have measured the top end, but I forgot until they were already in the tanks. This setup SHOULD be bulletproof.
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
 the Metermatch allows your senders to talk to the display!
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Yep! I think this will work perfectly, and be FAR more accurate than the factory setup. The way I'll do it, the reading on the gauge will correspond to an exact gallon amount in the tank. I did have to get a second meter match, as the tank are different sizes and shapes, therefore, the reading for 1/2, for example, will be a different place on each sender. I'm getting the new fuel lines tomorrow. I would have got them today, but the total balance of my 2 cards combined is $2.08. I've been going pretty much paycheck to paycheck, and this has been a pretty good expense. But tomorrow I get paid.  Jim, I can't thank you enough for helping me out with this!
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I went with a single MeterMatch, and even though the tanks are of completely different shapes the gauge is pretty accurate.  They come off full within 15 miles, hit 1/2 @ about 125 - 130 miles, and have a couple of gallons left when they are fully on E.

But individual MeterMatches would be great 'cause you could really tune them.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'm not sure why you need both tanks to read in absolute gallons rather than just full-medium-empty, but I know enough not to ask questions...

I'm always glad if I can help someone else!  
My problem is that I care for others and not a bit about myself.  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Off to get the fuel lines! I'll have to order the manual valve(s).
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Had to order. Will be in tomorrow. Also, I'm going to try to find a 10 gang relay box, for this project, and my switch panel thing "dropping from the ceiling", as Jeff would say.
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
1 ... 3456