FS: 1983 F150 4x4 351W 4-spd

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FS: 1983 F150 4x4 351W 4-spd

nedc
I am selling a multi-year project that needs a new home. I bought this truck from a neighbor when I lived in the mountains but have since moved east onto the plains of northern Colorado. There are a lot of details in the CL add HERE but I am happy to answer questions here and provide specific pictures. I learned a lot about these trucks from this forum and probably couldn't have finished the engine swap without parts help found here. Asking $10,000.

...ned.

1983 F150 300ci 4-speed shortbed with a 4" suspension lift, 33x10.5R15 BFG tires on 15x8 steel wheels
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: FS: 1983 F150 4x4 351W 4-spd

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Nice looking truck! Looks like it is ready to go.  Shame you are having to sell.  Please let us know how it goes.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
In reply to this post by nedc
nedc wrote
I am selling a multi-year project that needs a new home. I bought this truck from a neighbor when I lived in the mountains but have since moved east onto the plains of northern Colorado. There are a lot of details in the CL add HERE but I am happy to answer questions here and provide specific pictures. I learned a lot about these trucks from this forum and probably couldn't have finished the engine swap without parts help found here. Asking $10,000.

...ned.

please contact me. add more photos....Might be interested in this
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

nedc
Here is the text of the Craigslist post, which has expired. The truck is still for sale.

This is a 1983 F150 4x4 4-speed with a fresh-built 351W V8 engine. The truck originally came with a 300 I-6 that was tired and smokey when it was pulled for the 351 replacement. The fresh engine is built as follows: late model 351W roller block, bored .030 over and line honed, polished stock crankshaft, Eagle I-beam rods and hypereutectic flat-top pistons, 9.5:1 compression ratio, reground roller cam, new hydraulic lifters and pushrods, World Products Windsor Sr heads, Edelbrock 351W Performer intake, Edelbrock 1406 600cfm carb, Flowtech longtube exhaust headers. The exhaust setup has the 2.5" header collectors merged to a 3" pipe that runs through a catalytic converter and then a Walker turbo muffler. I have never had the truck smogged (not required here) but I would guess it blows as clean now as when new.

The engine swap included a fresh Sachs clutch kit, reground flywheel, new PS pump, new PS hoses, new water pump, new all aluminum radiator with electric fan and controller, new motor mounts and engine stands, and freshened clutch linkage.

Chassis work includes a remanufactured steering box. Several u-joints have been replaced and the front locking hubs were cleaned and repacked. All driveline parts work as they should with easy shifting through the transfer case.

The truck has a 4" Rough Country lift kit that was installed some time ago. I installed new Bilstein 5100 shocks at all four corners and rehabbed the entire brake system including a new master cylinder, new proportioning valve, all new rubber brake/SS hoses, several new steel lines, and new parking brake cables.

The paint job you see is probably ten years old but is holding up okay; it was a complete repaint from the original white. The three rust spots are pictured and are where you would expect to find them on a Ford of this vintage. Repair panels are easy to find and not expensive. The box and cab are solid with minimal surface rust underneath. The BFG KO2 tires, 33x10.5x15, and 15x8.5 steel wheels were new a couple of years ago and have minimal miles.

The interior is good for its age. I just reupholstered the front seat and cleaned the carpet. The dash is not cracked! The Clarion CD head unit pictured is included but not wired up. When I bought the truck four years ago there was an empty hole in the dash and the speakers were removed by the PO. I installed the head unit to fill the hole but did not install any speakers. The former stereo wiring is still there if you want to finish that up.

The truck has new fluids in every system and just had its first oil change after the engine swap.

No trades, no crypto, no Nigerian cashiers checks etc. Cash works. I have a clean Colorado title in my name.
1983 F150 300ci 4-speed shortbed with a 4" suspension lift, 33x10.5R15 BFG tires on 15x8 steel wheels
Reply | Threaded
|

nedc
Well it's starting to feel like spring and I need to make garage space to finish some projects. I haven't advertised this truck for the last several months but now it's time for it to move on.

New Price $9,000 obo.

Included in the sale are new side window channel weatherstripping and vent window rubbers. I also found I had a pair of side steps that I was going to install but didn't because some guys don't like them.

...ned.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Nice truck, Ned.  Hope you get what you are asking for it.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI