Explorer emblem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Explorer emblem

Steve's Lariat
Another question has come up in my ongoing restoration of my '85 Lariat XLT. Hoping you guys can provide an answer...

The Marti report says the truck came ordered with the Explorer D package. Does that mean the truck could have -- or would have -- had an Explorer badge/emblem on the side body panel near the tailgate?

I have seen other 85s with a metal Explorer emblem, and I've seen 84s with what looks like a painted on Explorer graphic.

My truck has the 'Lariat' and 'XLT' emblems but not an Explorer emblem. But it was also repainted at some point so not sure if the emblem was removed or lost, or if it never had one.

'85 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351
'94 Jeep Cherokee
Maine and Central PA (where the Bullnose lives)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Explorer emblem

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No, the 1985 Explorer Package D didn't have the Explorer emblem on it.  Here's a partial scan of an 85 Explorer brochure I have.  Although my scanner isn't big enough to get the whole thing you should be able to see what it came with.  It doesn't list the Explorer badge and the truck in the pic doesn't have one.  Other packages did.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI