Door Glass removal steps, looking for guidance.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Door Glass removal steps, looking for guidance.

Starliner
As far as I can guess, to take the door glass out i will need to unbolt the regulator so i can get it to slip off the glides. Just figured i would check with the experts. I want to replace my glides and door seals.
When I was a kid there were no how to videos, no forums, no help anywhere,  we just DID.
Now I am not as ambitious.
Thanks
JOE
1984 F250 HD 2wd auto w/air,
351W, 2bbl, Dana 60 3.73, no EEC
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Door Glass removal steps, looking for guidance.

kramttocs
Administrator
You don't have to unbolt the regulator but you do need to unbolt the front and rear tracks although the front won't move much. Then it's a matter or rolling up the window and tilting the window. There is a gap near the vent window you will utilize. I tape the door on either side to help protect it.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Starliner
I hadnt thought of that.
The glides/sliders though, they need to be drilled out to replace them so regulator has to come out either way I think.
JOE
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Don't miss that we have the factory shop manual section on that here: Documentation/Body?FRONT DOOR WINDOW GLASS & MECHANISMS.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Starliner
Oh great.
Why am I not surprised Gary.
JOE
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by kramttocs
Scott, I never realized you would unbolt the front track from the vent window.
I've always pulled out that whole assembly.
But maybe that's why my bricknose has that different divider between the two.

The '80-'86 vent window frames I see on U-techcenter seem to have the front window channel attached too.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Hey Jim, I wasn't clear on that part. The track remains attached to the vent window (all one piece) and stays in the door. You just remove the bolt from where the ear on the track attaches to the inner door. The rear track (that is just a straight piece of track) is the important one as it moves a lot more and gives you the ability to  get the glass out of the tracks. Speaking of- pulling the vent window assembly would give you a little more room to get the glass out but isn't necessary and I wouldn't bother with it unless one needs to do work on the vent window itself.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio