Deciding on paint color (Photoshop)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Deciding on paint color (Photoshop)

jstone4646
I decided to color over a picture of the truck using photoshop, went with the same color as the Jeep....did not think I would like it, but it actually is not too bad in my opinion.  I am no photoshop expert so I was not able to give it a glossy, new look, I just painted over it using a color grab so all the body imperfections stayed on underneath.  With some body work and a nice clear, I think this may just be the color I land with.  And different wheels, not really a fan of these that were left from the previous owner.  I am sure by the time the day for paint comes I will have changed my mind 10 times but....I am traveling for work and bored so this is how I spend the down time.

the actual color properly applied

Project "Red" (not really named yet): '84 F150 4x2, Holley 4bbl 351 w/302 cam shaft and side exit pipes.  Still learning what else is there but in progress of putting her back together and on the road.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Deciding on paint color (Photoshop)

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting approach.  I think it would look a lot better in the pic with a gloss.  And, I fully agree about the wheels.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

jstone4646
I am working on my photoshop skills, my next thing will be to get good with CAD software.  It is much faster/easier (and less expensive!) to always test things digitally.  Much like that link you shared with me about the guy who designed his wooden bed in CAD.  5 or 6 variations later he finally settled with a design and it only cost him a few hours on CAD vs materials during the build.  Cant tell you how many times I have designed a Jeep part in my head and began throwing it together on the Jeep and stepped back...."well that perfectly good metal is now part of the scrap pieces..."
Project "Red" (not really named yet): '84 F150 4x2, Holley 4bbl 351 w/302 cam shaft and side exit pipes.  Still learning what else is there but in progress of putting her back together and on the road.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's why I'm big on CAD.  I have a terrible time imagining things, but I can draw them.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by jstone4646
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

jstone4646
yessir, good looking right there!