Cory/Blucollar4xford

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cory/Blucollar4xford

Blucollar4xford
Not entirely a whole lot to say here, but I'll see how far I get. I joined FTE back in '04 and really enjoyed all the tech and projects there. I never have been overly active, but I like to chime in and help people out when I can (or track people's progress on their projects!).

I've spent near my entire life in the same corner of southeastern Ohio working on our small family farm and working a local factory job making ceramic roof tile. I attended the University of Northwestern Ohio between 2004-06 and graduated with an associates degree in diesel technology. Since then it's been mostly applied to tractors (also Fords....I bleed blue), but I've got a bit of a weak spot for IDIs.

Currently, I have an '86 F250 4x4 that is a snowball of a work in progress and an '85 F150 XLT lariat 4x2 I bought for parts, despite the 89k original miles. The plans for the '85 are a bit grim, but should be loads of fun once it's all together. I'm looking to convert it to 4x4, chop the frame, and relocate the engine/trans rearward, and gut as much weight as reasonably possible. Ought to be a quick little "tough truck" when I get all the bolts in place.

I had a spell, years ago, where I loved dentsides. But the right deal of an '84 F250 landed in the driveway and it's been back to my roots ever since. I can't remember a time during my formative years that didn't involve a bull nose somewhere in the background. So, despite the "dark years", I've always favored 7th gen F-series pickups. Looks like they're here to stay (though I'd really love to be driving them at the moment!)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cory/Blucollar4xford

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cory - Welcome to the forum!    You and Jonathan/Ford F834 are going to become good friends.  He's an IDI fan in a big way, and is also creating a one-off Supercab short-bed if I remember correctly, so is chopping the frame.

If you want you can go to the Projects section and start a topic/thread on yours.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
I don't know if you remember but I certainly do...

It was YOU who was the first to suggest the "Bullnose" moniker for 80-86 FTE, and I got to give you a 1-year premium membership as a response, it was the first time I got to do that (another reason why I remember you).

Somebody had posted a picture in one of the FTE threads or polls looking for input on the name change but it's gone now, I think PhotoBucket took it away. Oh, well.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting!  Here's a link to that post.

And, by the way DeWayne/93F3507.3, that is the thread I mentioned when you asked me where the name came from.  And then there was Chris' poll.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Blucollar4xford
In reply to this post by ctubutis
Yes sir, I absolutely do remember! I didn't coin the phrase, per se, but I can't exactly find the source where I heard it originally. I've seen a lot of love and hate for the moniker, but it still makes me grin to hear people using it 😁I remember a lot of these names I see popping up, too. Ive done a LOT of reading and searching on FTE over the years and I remember certain builds and "how-to" threads. I think it's wonderful we've got a dedicated forum to our particular pickups!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cory - You may like this story.  Last Friday I was making the rounds in "our little town" to put up fliers for the get-together.  I went into Skiatook Auto Parts and talked to the guy there, who turned out to be DeWayne.  I was driving Big Blue, the truck that currently shows at the top of these pages, and he said "I've heard they are called Bullnose trucks.  I've seen that on the internet everywhere, but don't understand who came up with that."  I said "I understand where it came from.  And I was part of it.  It was suggested in a thread on FTE and we had a poll, with that being the agreed moniker."

And now we have our own forum and web site.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Blucollar4xford
Indeed, neat story! I talk to a couple FTE'ers on Facebook or the phone, but I've yet to meet anyone in person (yet). Jonathan would be tough to meet in person since he's clear in AZ, but boy would it be one hell of a drive! It'll be a long time before the '86 is ready for a trip like that! 😂
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
On Sept 16th Jonathan will be at my house in Oklahoma. Along with Chris/ctubutis, David/1986F150Six, and several others.  So, come on down!  And, if that won't work this year set your sights on Sept 14th and 15th next year.  That'll be the international get-together and I already have guys from Australia, New Zealand, Poland, and Germany planning to come.

Reply | Threaded
|

Blucollar4xford
Man, that sounds like a hoot!! I'd love to attend, but there's a local craft show here every year that's is always the third weekend of September that I help my mother work. Last year I brought home $856 for three days work, so kinda hard to turn down. That and it's a bit f a family affair. But man, to meet so many people I've read about, talked to, or interacted with...especially abroad!! Be a neat opportunity, for sure. Definitely inspires me to beat feet on the ol 86!
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Cory - You may like this story.  Last Friday I was making the rounds in "our little town" to put up fliers for the get-together.  I went into Skiatook Auto Parts and talked to the guy there, who turned out to be DeWayne.  I was driving Big Blue, the truck that currently shows at the top of these pages, and he said "I've heard they are called Bullnose trucks.  I've seen that on the internet everywhere, but don't understand who came up with that."  I said "I understand where it came from.  And I was part of it.  It was suggested in a thread on FTE and we had a poll, with that being the agreed moniker."

And now we have our own forum and web site.  
I'm thinking I need to stick and/or archive that thing, maybe even make a pdf before the links break.

I dunno, maybe I'm overanalyzing...
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
At the very least we could put links in our to-be FAQ page.