Clutch delete block off plate?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Clutch delete block off plate?

Tarheel Blue
I posted this earlier today in the Wanted to Buy section of the Marketplace.
Thought it might be seen by more eyes in the general New Topics forum.

Bullnose w/ manual transmissions had firewalls drilled for the clutch master cylinder.

It seems that ‘87-‘96 trucks w/ auto transmissions came from the factory with a block off plate.

I’m trying to find out what the correct name is and even a part number if possible.
Or
If anyone has converted from auto to manual and saved this plate, I’d be eternally grateful.
The only one that I’ve seen at a pick-n-pull was on a truck that got t-boned on the drivers side and it was impossible to get up behind the dash to remove it.
Kurt K
'85 XLT Lariat, 4.9L, NP435, 3.08LS, DSII, 130a 3G, PMGR, '87 MC, P235/R75
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Clutch delete block off plate?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Here's what I found in the MPC.  Note that there is one for 84/87 Crew Cabs, which must have all been drilled for the hydraulic master, and a different one from 1988 on.  That's surely because at some point, and I think it was 88, the holes were drilled on a slant rather than in a vertical line.  So if you are looking for one the 84/87 one might fit better.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Tarheel Blue
Thank you sir, I now have a # to use in my searches on the web as well as a date range when at the yards.
Kurt K
'85 XLT Lariat, 4.9L, NP435, 3.08LS, DSII, 130a 3G, PMGR, '87 MC, P235/R75
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'll do you one better.  E4TZ 35016B96-A is the part number you need, and that helps to order one - but that # won't be on the part.  However the cross reference says that E4TS 35016B96-AB will be the ID # on the part you are looking for.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI