classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Changes Are Happening

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Folks - I'm doing as I warned you yesterday and tweaking things on the website and/or forum.  So for I've made these TEMPORARY changes today:

Social Media - I THINK I turned off social media buttons for mobile users.  These would have been at the bottom of the page.  They are causing Jim, and surely others, lots of grief when trying to reply as the social buttons pop up and get in the way.  So I'm trying to get to the bottom of this by turning them off to see if that helps.

Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible): I turned the header at the top of the forum page off as it was also causing Jim grief.  Personally I use that line all the time to get back to the main forum page, but you can get there by the Bullnose Enthusiasts link at either the top or bottom of the page.  But, let's see if this helps the Android users and we'll go from there.

If these changes cause you any issues or concerns, please let me know ASAP.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Changes Are Happening

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary,
It's the edit window, not the reply window.

For whatever reason the forum was not able to load for me earlier.
Ill try to get screenshots for you so you can put things back to 'normal'
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
What is the "edit window" vs the "reply window"?  Are you editing a reply?  Maybe this is why I haven't been able to duplicate it.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
EXACTLY!
And what I said from day one....

IDK why the behavior is so different, but it is.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
I miss the black, clickable Title bar that used to be there.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Hi Chris!
Good to see Max pop up over here.  

I'm missing the documentation navigation menu on the forum homepage....

Hopefully I can get MY issue resolved (short of buying a $1,000 phone)
Then Gary can put things back to 'normal'

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Sorry!
I thought I was clear about what problem I had.

But, what is it, the second time this week the lightbulb's gone off?
I must really have an issue communicating my perspective.
Or, autism makes me see and be frustrated by incongruity.

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ctubutis
ctubutis wrote
I miss the black, clickable Title bar that used to be there.
Chris?!  Yes, I miss it as well.  And I'm not sure its absence is helping anything as the hamburger is still there, which generates the bar, regardless of having Gary's Garagemahal (The Bullnose Bible) in it or not.  One issue though is that the text wraps, so maybe it makes the bar taller.  So I'm wondering about dropping the "Gary's".

ArdWrknTrk wrote
I'm missing the documentation navigation menu on the forum homepage....
Sorry, but what "documentation navigation menu"?  What have I done now?  

ArdWrknTrk wrote
Sorry!
I thought I was clear about what problem I had.

But, what is it, the second time this week the lightbulb's gone off?
I must really have an issue communicating my perspective.
Or, autism makes me see and be frustrated by incongruity.
No, that was my bad.  I wasn't "listening" well.  You told me, several times, but I had my mind set that it was the reply window, not the edit-my-reply window.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The garagemahal banner is deeper than just the hamburger.

When I go to the main page I used to get all the resources showing in grey.
I don't see that now.
Though, all of that is available in the resources topic.

I don't miss the clickable.
There is the link back above and below every thread I view.

Maybe I'm just not on a PC, maybe power users navigate differently.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
The garagemahal banner is deeper than just the hamburger.
Yes, but it wraps due to the length of the text, and as you can see here it is taller than the hamburger.  Perhaps just Bullnose Bible?

ArdWrknTrk wrote
When I go to the main page I used to get all the resources showing in grey.
I don't see that now.
Though, all of that is available in the resources topic.
Resources as in the ones in the Resources folder?  They used to show?????  Ok, I'm confused - again.  Please explain further for the slow-to-understand.

ArdWrknTrk wrote
I don't miss the clickable.
There is the link back above and below every thread I view.

Maybe I'm just not on a PC, maybe power users navigate differently.
Yes, there are the links.  And since you are usually at the bottom of a thread the footer link should be easily accessible.  But I used the banner link, and teaching an old dog.....

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
1) Perhaps. Yes that's what I was seeing.

2) Yes. I used to see a bunch of (clickable) resources in grey on the main page.

3) I'm not trying to teach an old dog.
I'm just saying how I navigate the forum on my phone
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Hey guys. :)

Yeah, I'm still here. Nice to see ya, Jim. :)

I never really tried to *use* this site from a cellphone or tablet, typing on those tiny keyboards is horrific. I was just commenting on a behavioral change I saw, and later saw a big thread with Jim' s screenshots & confusion so I can understand your playing around.

I found that cickable thing pretty convenient for easily getting back "home" from anywhere, but most of my access is via a laptop (and sometimes external monitors).

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think when the dust settles we'll put that back up there, Chris.  But, we need to limit it to one line and not let it wrap - on any device.