Carburetor Vacuum Device Acronyms

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Carburetor Vacuum Device Acronyms

vjsimone
Gary, was that you working on a list of definitions for the acronyms you find on the vacuum routing diagrams ?

Is this your list? I can't remember who I robbed it from....;

Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Carburetor Vacuum Device Acronyms

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, that looks like my list.  But I'm not sure where I got it, so you may have gotten it the same place I did.

It is here: Underhood/Vacuum Systems, but you have to click Vacuum Systems twice.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
My list is usually available here:
http://www.fourdoorbronco.com/board/showthread.php?5226-Terms-amp-Abbreviations

But that site has had some problems recently, so I'm probably going to put it somewhere else...  Gary?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - I'd be happy to put that list on the website, somewhere.  I could put it where the other one is, above, but this one is more generic.

So, should we merge the two and keep it at the above location, or come up with a new location?  And, if the latter, where should that be?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
I say keep the Vacuum list separate.
That is a great list Steve provided.

There is another one here, I was looking for a device the other day, and it was listed on this one vice ours. ;;;  

https://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/ford_vacuum_diagram_abbreviations_descriptions.shtml
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Vinny - I've compared the Ranger Station acronyms against the ones we had and the Ranger Station list was about 3 times as long.  But, our list had some things it didn't.  So, I've merged the lists and will be figuring out how to post that list.

Thanks!