classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bullnose Forum FAQ's

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We've had an FAQ page (Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's) for some time, but I'd not re-visited it for quite some time until today. And, I decided to upgrade it.

There are currently 5 tabs to the page:

Posting Pics: Explains how to post pics on the forum and what some of the options are

Email Notification: Explains what it takes to get notified by email when someone posts, creates a new thread, etc

Formatting Posts: This explains a few of the formatting options available

Embedding: This explains how to put a Youtube video on your post. But, it is also the serious way to format your posts. See below.

Ad Blockers: Explains that ad blockers tend to strip off signatures, and since we don't have ads it might be helpful to turn off your ad blocker on the site

So, what fancy stuff can be done in the way of formatting if you decide to use HTML? Here are some things I've discovered:

This is a test paragraph to show what can be done. For instance, what if we wanted to edit a post and show the characters we were eliminating? How about strikethrough? Or insert? Or small text? Or important/strong text?

What about a ? (It is clickable but does nothing without additional coding, which is currently beyond me.)

And, of course there is the ability to embed a file, map, spreadsheet, etc on a page. Plus, you can do that in a way that it is "evergreen", meaning that any time that file is updated, the next time you pull the page up the changes will be reflected automagically. For instance, here's our user's map:

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI