classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
50 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Big GIF, short movie

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
As I said WAY before, when I click the share button on YouTube I don't get a 'code' or 'imbed' option. .
Just a 'copy link' or the regular-< options to text messages or people in my contacts. (this is vanilla Android 13)

I'll go look when I get cleaned up.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
There are at least two different views of Youtube videos.  If I click "share" on an embedded video, like those in this thread, I don't get an option for getting the embed code.  But if I click the Youtube link or the "Watch it on Youtube" link on one of the ones in this thread and then click "share" I do get the option for getting the embed code.

The left pic is what I get when clicking share on an embedded video, and the right one is what I get by clicking Youtube and then share.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
This is how YouTube looks on my browser.  I don't use the "copy" button:
1- Share button
2- Embed button.  There I can copy the iFrame code.

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve/FoxFord33 checked out the video today on his Android and it worked fine.  The full screen button worked correctly in both landscape and portrait, and the banner didn't obstruct the view.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Good news!

So, here is an example of your recipe, Gary.  Is it ok?

Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jeff - Sorry for the late reply.  I saw this and meant to reply - but forgot.  

Yes, that's exactly right.  Let me go work on a page to post that.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
As I'm looking at updating the page at Bullnose Forum/Bullnose Forum FAQ's I thought I ought to try to use the Embed tab in the toolbar on posts.  Here's your Shafer Trail video, Jeff, using just that tab w/o the fancy HTML tricks.  I just clicked Embed and then Embed Tags and pasted the Youtube embed code between the code that was generated.  Didn't even tick the Message is in HTML Format box.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jeff - I've finally added the instructions on how to embed a Youtube video in fullscreen mode to the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.  Go to the Embedding tab, then the Embedding tab, then the HTML Tags tab, and then the Embedng A Youtube tab.

Would you please go there and see if my instructions make sense?

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Ok Gary, I’ll take a look and come back soon.
«If clear for Jeff, good for all».
Restored 2019-2022.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, that's exactly the recipe I can understand and apply.

«If clear for Jeff, good for all».

However, I have a suggestion.  Keep in mind that not everyone navigates on the Forum from a big screen.  I mostly go from my iPhone, and I'm probably not the only one...

From a computer, your instructions appear like this:

So, it makes sense when you write "The code to the right..."
It appears on the right.

But from a narrow screen, such a phone, your instructions appear this way:

Now, what's supposed to appear "on the right" goes in fact to the page bottom.

Not a big deal, we understand that the page doesn't appear as it should on a “normal” screen, when read on our phone screen.
But it would be easier to follow if you just add a short phrase before the final expected result.
Something like "The modified embedded YouTube code should look like this:"

The page could appear like this, on a computer:

and on a narrow phone:

Restored 2019-2022.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Jeff.  Both for checking and the suggestions.  I'll see what I can do.

However, does the screen still behave that way if you turn your phone landscape?  Mine goes from the narrow look you posted to the same look I have on my tablet or desktop.  But maybe that's just my phone?

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Gary Lewis wrote
However, does the screen still behave that way if you turn your phone landscape?
On my iPhone 13 Mini, portait:

And if flipped in landscape, it gives just a “zoomed” view of the vertical one (and I cannot unzoom):

Restored 2019-2022.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, you win.  I'll go see what I can do to make it read better.  Thanks again.

By the way, I think the 3G harness is done.  I know you don't plan to install it until it warms up, but have you thought about starting a thread on Big Bro's 3G upgrade?  Discuss what alternator, brackets, etc?

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Now I've changed it and it seems to work on my iPhone in portrait mode.  Please see if it works for you.

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Simply perfect!

Any dummy as Jeff can now post a YouTube link with success!

Gary Lewis wrote
Have you thought about starting a thread on Big Bro's 3G upgrade?  Discuss what alternator, brackets, etc?
Good idea.

Should I add a new topic  in Projects/Big Brother’s transformation thread?
Or just start a specific thread for this 1G to 3G upgrade?
What do you think?
Restored 2019-2022.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I would put the thread in the main section.  But that's just me.  You want the maximum coverage, but if Jim doesn't chime in early on we'll tag him.  He'd the guru on alternators.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
You rang?

I'm no guru but let me go look for the question...
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
There are at least two different views of Youtube videos.  If I click "share" on an embedded video, like those in this thread, I don't get an option for getting the embed code.  But if I click the Youtube link or the "Watch it on Youtube" link on one of the ones in this thread and then click "share" I do get the option for getting the embed code.
I see this. It may be what I was missing...
I just said that I can see a pimple on the butt of a fly a block away but not the gorilla in the same room.  

What is it about alternators you need from me?
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jeff is going to start a thread to discuss his upcoming 3G conversion on Big Bro.  I have a plug & play harness I'll ship him and he plans to send an ammeter he has to Rocketman.  But he'll also need an alternator and I was suggesting we get you involved.  Which size/amperage, which application, which vendor, which regulator, etc.

But I don't think he's started it yet.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
It depends on what he needs from it.
With his insistence on 'originality' I'm not sure why he wants one. ???°

I obviously was following the harness build and took part in the "which inverter for a 1G" thread where you insist that 1G are at most 60A even though there are literally photos of 70/100A 1G's I've responded to here on the forum.

So, definitely tag me when you start a thread.
I'll toss my 2c in the pot.
 Jim,