Open this post in threaded view
|

Amazon

Gary Lewis
Administrator
What is there to say about Amazon?
How would you rate Amazon?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Amazon

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Amazon is my go-to place.  I have stuff coming from them almost daily.  The speed of delivery is amazing and their customer service is great.

My only reason for not giving them 5 stars is due to pricing.  You really need to compare their prices vs that of others.  Yesterday I wanted to order Amsoil's Signature Series Fuel-Efficient Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid.  You can order from the Amsoil site, which actually takes you to Alcantar Drivetrain Performance LLC, and they want $15.50/qt for the stuff with free shipping.  Amazon wants $27.33/qt for it, so I thought about it for a ms and ordered it from Alcantar.

But many times Amazon has as good or better pricing than anyone else.  You just need to check.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Gary, I agree with your comments. Amazon is my go to place as they have everything and I heavily utilize the product reviews. I have noted over the past year that their pricing has gone up such that it often pays to purchase elsewhere, especially if one does not have Amazon Prime. Just the other day I purchased a stereo for my truck from Crutchfield. The unit was cheaper, free shipping, and some free goodies. In fact, I would highly recommend Crutchfield for electronics.    
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Amazon uses pricing algorithms to determine what people are willing to pay and if they can undercut other sources.
Sometimes they set prices as loss leaders just to kill profit of competitors.

Yes, with Prime you get quick "free" shipping. But often the Prime price is more than the same product -without- Prime.
(You'll have to visit from a VPN with cookies disabled to ever know)
You won't get the instant gratification of next day though...

But their array of products is amazing!
And if you include 'fulfilled by Amazon' it's even better.
Very crafty of Bezos to let other companies pay to stock their warehouses.

I'd probably cover the cost of Prime with video rentals.
But I certainly purchase enough tangible goods that the free shipping makes it worthwhile.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.