Alright!!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Alright!!

Pebcak
It's great to see the forum here!  I've been out of touch with ford-trucks and working on my 86 for quite awhile.  Family and Work have been consuming 99% of my time.  The other 1% was the TX heat. LOL

A little about me.  I'm the same Pebcak from ford-trucks and have been slowly working on my 1986 Ford F150 XLT Lariat.  There are a bunch of posts of what I've done and tried to help with since being a part of the site.  

I came to Gary's site tonight to look up wiring for blinkers to do some troubleshooting.  I saw the Bullnose Forum and here I am!

FYI, I was driving last night and the signals stopped half way home.  I'm thinking it's the LED Flasher controller because I'm not hearing the "clicking" at all.

1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Alright!!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome to the forum!  

Might you want to tell people what "pebcak" means?  (I know - I was in IT.)
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by Pebcak
Cool! I remember you from FTE, although I can't say exactly from where. ;)

I would want to check for power to the flasher, see if it's even being told to do its job.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Welcome to the forum!  

Might you want to tell people what "pebcak" means?  (I know - I was in IT.)
Good ol' P.E.B.C.A.K

Being a part of the IT world over 20+ years I've adopted this for a long time.  

It stands for Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.  There are variations out there but this is the one that stuck with me.
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
In reply to this post by ctubutis
I've already ordered some replacement flashers and I'll be looking at the Beast as soon as I can.  I've got a 3 day weekend coming up and I think we might miss the rain bands of the hurricane up north west of Dallas.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I hope that rain misses you.  It sure is clobbering my friends in Houston.  

And I thought the others would get a kick out of what pebcac means.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI