Air intake hose [E5TZ-9B659-B] - NOS

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Air intake hose [E5TZ-9B659-B] - NOS

salans7
Not sure why that's listed for 87-91, the airbox on bullnose trucks is right above the driver's valve cover, while on bricknose trucks it's by driver's side fender. So this will only fit the bullnose FI 302.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
This says 1985 to end of the catalog, which is 1989.
TUBE ASSY. (OUTLET-ENGINE AIR CLEANER)
85/ F— U150/250 8 302 EFI  PN E5TZ 9B659-B   Marked E5TE 9R504-AB
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Another instance where the catalog is wrong/misleading.

85-86 FI 302 followed by 1987+

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I agree with you, Shaun.  All of the Bricknose trucks I've worked on had the air cleaner box on the driver's fender apron, as your second pic shows.  I'm sure the catalog is wrong.  Again.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
I just went out and looked at the part numbers on my 86 5.0 Bronco and the numbers match. So I am gonna have to say 85 and a1/2 to 86. As the pictures show, and the 87 I took the donor harness from, the filter housing is on the left fender well, not the left valve cover.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
Again, thanks. Im starting to think I need to start paying you a finders fee or something.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
old55pete wrote
Again, thanks. Im starting to think I need to start paying you a finders fee or something.
David enjoys using his gifts of remembering and finding things.  (Or, to put it another way, he enjoys spending other's money.  )

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
old55pete wrote
David enjoys using his gifts of remembering and finding things.  (Or, to put it another way, he enjoys spending other's money.  )
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
Dave, if you happen to find a smog pump Ford part number E1TE-D2A let me know. I have been searching and have had no joy. From what I am seeing, they fit a lot of cars and pickups from 78 to 87. with California smog.

Call me, 928 273 7166, email me old55pete@cs.com, or throw a rock at me...…………………...lol
Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - He's not likely to find anything with E1TE-D2A on it.  First, that's not a part number, it is an ID or engineering number.  Second, it isn't even all of the ID or engineering number.

Let me try to explain.  Every part has two numbers - the part number and the ID/engineering number.  But the part number is never put on the part.  Only the ID/engineering # is put on the part.  (Don't ask, I don't know why.)

And part numbers don't end in "D2A".  Only ID/engineering #'s do.  So I know that's an ID #.

Both types of numbers are made up of three parts.  Let's take part # E1TZ 9A486-D as an example.

Prefix: The E says it is in the decade of 1980 - 89.  The 1 says it is 1980 + 1 = 1981.  The T says Truck.  And the Z says replacement part.

Generic #: In this case the generic # is 9A486, and that's a thermactor pump.  Every Ford thermactor pump will have 9A486 in its part number, regardless of where in the world it is used or on what vehicle.

Suffix: That's the revision # if you will.  A is the first revision, B is another, etc.  BUT, B could be so different from A that the two cannot be swapped.  Or, it may work perfectly.  And there's no way to know from the catalog.

So, the ID/engineering # for the pump you are looking for is probably E1TE 9A486-D2A.  Ford frequently leaves the generic # out for short hand.  But, the ID #'s generic # is not always the same as the part #.

And, some people advertise parts by their ID/engineering number w/o knowing it isn't a part number.  And some advertise correctly with the part #.  So we need to give both #'s to David.

Where did you get that #?  Do you know the calibration code for your truck?  If so, we can get the #'s there.

Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
Gary, I got the number off of a tag that is on the top on the pump and there is no other numbers with it. It is also the number that all of the major part houses are asking for and it crosses to a Cardone part number 32-3290.

The calibration number is 654S-R00 and that goes to page 500 on the parts list. Under part discreption it gives the number E1TE-98486-D1A/D2A and shows the part number of E1TZ-9A486-D.
Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
Yes sir, close. In the 4th picture, on the bottom, there are two bolt holes with a plug between them. On mine there is a pipe sticking out that the air delivery hose hooks up to
Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by old55pete
old55pete wrote
Gary, I got the number off of a tag that is on the top on the pump and there is no other numbers with it. It is also the number that all of the major part houses are asking for and it crosses to a Cardone part number 32-3290.

The calibration number is 654S-R00 and that goes to page 500 on the parts list. Under part discreption it gives the number E1TE-98486-D1A/D2A and shows the part number of E1TZ-9A486-D.
Yes, #'s on parts are frequently done in short-hand and the generic # is left out.  You are supposed to supply the 9A486 in this case.

If the major parts houses are accepting those #'s it is scary because you could stick just about any generic part number in there.  E1TE is used millions of times, as are D1A and D2A.  So to order an E1TE-D1A could get you a radio or windshield wipers, or anything else.  

So I'd stick to using the full part number and/or ID number.  Those are the numbers anyone will need in order to search for the part.  

Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
It's ironic that the major parts houses are using an incomplete number to cross to their part number. Still the fact remains is that no one has one. I even have friends scouring the junk yards in Sonoma county Ca. and north of there looking for one that turns( not frozen ) and can take the parts from the two and make one good one.
Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
Dave, the second link you posted is it to a tee and I just bought it. I big thank you sir.

Gary, if you look at the second E-Bay listing, In one of the pictures it shows the, What I thought was a part number, on the tag with the break info also.
Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
old55pete wrote
Dave, the second link you posted is it to a tee and I just bought it. I big thank you sir.

Gary, if you look at the second E-Bay listing, In one of the pictures it shows the, What I thought was a part number, on the tag with the break info also.