1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Add power to the 300 i6?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's neat!  But, it isn't unusual for exhausts to glow red, although not nearly that much.  Years ago Dad and I pulled the doghouse off their mini motor home w/a 400 Chevy so we could tune the QJet.  As the daylight faded we realized that the exhaust manifolds were indeed glowing red, and we were just cruising at about 60 or 65 MPH.  Which explained why the doghouse got so hot.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by grumpin
You can actually see the header grow from the heat!

That's a Ford I-6 but not the same ones we got here in the U.S.
(Just like they got Cleveland's while we got the 351M/400)

I do believe it was available in their Falcon based Ute.
Similar to the Ranchero we used to have here in the States.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

FoxFord33
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Good Grief!! Red hot whistle pig. As long as you aren't gonna touch it, seems like a pretty fast motor...
Ford Grand Wagoneer - 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer preparing to receive a Ford drivetrain...

A Keeper - 1993 F-150 XLT Super-Cab 5.0 EFI 2WD E4OD 8.8" with 3.55 gear Sold it for my Grand Wagoneer project!

Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseHunter02
In reply to this post by IDIBronco
Ill have a look! Right off the bat, i am not really brave enough to tear into an engine like that, i could probibly find another way to add power, open up the exaust or something! I just dont want to tear into it, take the cam out, and then not know how to put it back together. Thats great that the rumor about the forged crank is true. I also heard ford sent out a few 300s from the factory with forged internals!
Hunting for a Bullnose, single cab, 8 foot bed, decent shape with little to no rust! and under 10k in near or around the STL Mo area, (Illinois is a valid option aswell!)