classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

460 Rebuild

BigBlockFrankie
Hi All.
Just joined. First post. Pic of Frankie to follow - 1983 F250 4WD 460.
My desire is to find that rebuild "sweetspot" - unleash all the pent up torque and hp without dropping thousands$. From the surfing I've done, many changes will help. Highest priority looks like maximizing air in and exhaust out.
I've got a new 750 Edel on top. I'm thinking "just" heads and intake manifold are next.
Wide open to all opinions. Thx!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 460 Rebuild

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome to the forum.  Glad you joined.  

But before talking about your 460 we need to discuss the guidelines.  We sent you an email asking you to post an introduction in the New Members Start Here folder as that is where we keep the guidelines, and since we hold everyone to them we want you to have read them.  Have you?

Don't worry, many people miss the email we send and don't initially post in the NMSH folder, so you aren't alone.  But we do need to ensure you've read them.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBlockFrankie
Good Morning!

I read and wholeheartedly agree to the guidelines.

And, I definitely missed the instruction to post an intro in the NMSH.

I'll head in that direction this afternoon.

Regards,
Kevin
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Kevin.  You are good to go.

As for the 460, I suggest you talk to Scotty, The Mad Porter, at Parkland Performance Auto Machine.  He can build whatever you want and knows the 460's very well.  Shipping isn't all that expensive and he does a good job.

If you already have the parts, like D0VE heads, you could have him build you a short block.  That's what I did and it worked out well.  He built to the heads I have, knowing what the compression ratio would be with his pistons.  And he had the cam ground to his specs.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI