The author has deleted this message.
1980 F 250 4X4 300 six 4 speed
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: shim or index plate for bell housing

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, you did post in the right place, the New Members Start Here folder.  But that isn't what I was expecting in an introduction "about yourself and your truck", as the email I sent you requested.

So how about doing a bit more of an intro into the family?  Then we can discuss the engine plate.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

klancaster
Sorry. 
I have never been on a forum before. 
Any forum. Ever. 

The about me is just that.  I have a 80 Ford and I look for parts when the need arises. 

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 10:36 AM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well, you did post in the right place, the New Members Start Here folder.  But that isn't what I was expecting in an introduction "about yourself and your truck", as the email I sent you requested.

So how about doing a bit more of an intro into the family?  Then we can discuss the engine plate.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/shim-or-index-plate-for-bell-housing-tp89990p89992.html
To unsubscribe from shim or index plate for bell housing, click here.
NAML
--
Kevin Lancaster
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, I usually ask if the new member wants to be on our map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu), and while I'm willing to add you it sounds like you are just in for a quick answer.  So let's cut to the chase.

Please go to our page at Documentation/Engines/300 Six and on the Illustrations tab scroll down to the 2nd picture.  Is what you are looking for #7007?  That is the generic part # for an "engine plate" for any Ford vehicle anywhere in the world.  You need the full part number, which will be something like E0TZ 7007-A, but that probably isn't the right number.

If so, then go to Documentation/Driveline/Engine Plates and find the full part number for the one you need.  And then you can do a Google search for that part on the internet.

And, in the Market Place/Want To Buy folder you could create a new thread/topic for what you are looking for.

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

klancaster
Thank you very much
On a side note...
Can you put me on your map?
I am in Keller Texas

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 10:55 AM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well, I usually ask if the new member wants to be on our map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu), and while I'm willing to add you it sounds like you are just in for a quick answer.  So let's cut to the chase.

Please go to our page at Documentation/Engines/300 Six and on the Illustrations tab scroll down to the 2nd picture.  Is what you are looking for #7007?  That is the generic part # for an "engine plate" for any Ford vehicle anywhere in the world.  You need the full part number, which will be something like E0TZ 7007-A, but that probably isn't the right number.

If so, then go to Documentation/Driveline/Engine Plates and find the full part number for the one you need.  And then you can do a Google search for that part on the internet.

And, in the Market Place/Want To Buy folder you could create a new thread/topic for what you are looking for.

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/shim-or-index-plate-for-bell-housing-tp89990p89994.html
To unsubscribe from shim or index plate for bell housing, click here.
NAML

--
Kevin Lancaster
506 Santa Barbara Dr.
Keller, TX 76248
972-948-7160
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sure thing, Kevin.  You are now on the map.  

But I have a suggestion for you.  It appears that you are posting by replying to the email.  That works, but it copies in a whole bunch of junk from the previous post.  And, worse yet, it is placing your phone number and street address out on the internet for the world to see.

I've put a screenshot of what we are seeing of your posts, and circled both the extra stuff that doesn't need to be there as well as your address and phone number - which you do NOT want there.

The better way to post is to click on the link under the phrase "If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:" and that will log you on to the forum looking at that post.  Then you can reply and there won't be the extra nor your detaills.

Don't worry, we understand this is your first forum, so we'll work with you on this.  Welcome to the family!  

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona