classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

radiator support for 1981

delco1946
This post was updated on .
Body shop needs a radiator support as mine is all rusted along the bottom. Let me know if youre selling, and west coast is certainly better as shipping will be nuts im sure. Thanks.

Also curious as to how i know if i need a 29 inch opening or larger (without having my truck to measure)?

Catalog makes it sound like the standard is 29 inch?
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: radiator support for 1981

FuzzFace2
From what I seen posted there are 3 different supports, 2 for gas, 1 for diesel.
The gas ones are small & large openings.
Small for non-AC trucks
Large for AC trucks and I pretty sure HD cooling.

Now you can go for the larger if yours is small and get a larger radiator and a shroud.
The non-AC radiators did not have a shroud but a little fan cover at the top.

Now I think it was on the older trucks they all had a large opening and if the truck had a small radiator they used an bolt in filler panel. I guess you could do something like that if you wanted to.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
Thanks Dave. I wonder if my truck has larger then since it’s a trailer special.

I did see that lmc has a new radiator support but I’m always hesitant to risk new overseas parts.
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Many of the opening sizes are shown on our page at Documentation/Cooling Systems/Radiator Support.  And there you'll find this:

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
You guys are forgetting that the 85-86 trucks had a different radiator mount setup, so those supports are a little different than 80-84.
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
dennis carpenter thinks they have 1 NOS in stock. We shall see.....

Also, finally something in my favor. 14.99 to ship - i said you must be mistaken, they wanted hundreds to ship a hood (freight) . Apparently its small enough to go fedex