classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

pcsteve70
Hello all. My name is Steve. I am a new owner slash previous owner of a 1986 F250 king cab 2wd. The truck was purchased new by my father so it has been in the family quite a while. Do to circumstances, I have the truck now and am in the process of getting it back on the road. It was sitting for about 10 years so it has some issues to work out.

The truck is all stock with the exception of a trailer tow brake controller and air bags dad used for towing. It is the XLT package so pretty basic but sturdy. After some time I have the 460 CU running great. It has under 95K and the automatic transmission shifts perfect. I have restored the heating system complete and gutted the interior. I installed an updated stereo and all new interior complete with sound deadening . I have new rubber seals throughout to install. Next will be the front end suspension and braking systems. Then it is time for paint. The goal is a good solid work truck that is correct to when it rolled off the line. I will use it as a work vehicle and to keep in our family.

Currently I have an electrical issue which landed my on this great forum. I found this through Google searching and kept seeing it referred to. I have spent quite a bit of time bouncing around and the community seems passionate about these years of Ford truck and very knowledgeable. I look forward to using this as great source for my restoration. Thank you for accepting me to the group!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: new member

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Steve!  

You probably want to start with the Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual:   https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/1986-evtm.html

What specifically is the trucks problem?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by pcsteve70
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by pcsteve70
Welcome!  

Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing the story.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI