classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Yfa rebuild kit

Turnburn720
This post was updated on .
Hi guys, I'm having a hard time navigating the search bar here so I'm sure this topic has been covered but I can't find it. I bought a rebuild kit from Napa for my Carter YFA, 75 0 5 s, and when I opened it up it has a diagram that shows a feedback carb. I don't have a feedback carb, will this kit still work does anyone know?

TIA

EDIT: Nevermind, the kit is generic and covers both carbs, so it is the correct one.
1983 f150 RCLB, carb 4.9, np435 4 speed, 4x4

Connecticut native, bullnose novice
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Yfa rebuild kit

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't know.  Hopefully someone that does will be along soon.

Re the search bar, the one that I use is the one on the right that says Search Forum.  Then I usually click the Sort By Date option in the upper right of the results so I can go back through time.

But, you said YSA, and I think the carb is a YFA, so a search may not turn up much.  In fact, your post is the only instance in the whole of the forum where "YSA" was used.  Where did you find "YSA"?  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Turnburn720
Woops, sorry I was using talk to text, I meant YFA. I looked at the diagram and compared it to my non-feedback, and it seems like the casting and everything is exactly the same minus the feedback.

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by Turnburn720
Yes it will. You won't be using one of the gaskets though (the "football" gasket, which is what the feedback solenoid attaches to).

Otherwise, to my knowledge, the only other difference is that the feedback carb has a Throttle Position Sensor... which doesn't matter for the rebuild.

Edit- didn't see your edit. Oh well. Nail in the coffin.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I agree, typically they put more in a kit than you need for some of the carbs.  But if you want to make sure, go to Mikes Carburetor Parts and look at what all carbs the kit for yours covers.  I think you'll find it covers most of the YF's and YFA's.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Turnburn720
In reply to this post by ratdude747
Thanks a lot I appreciate it

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Suggestion from someone who used to own a carburetor shop and rebuilt many of those, use some good Loctite on the throttle body to main body screws, these tend to loosen from vibration.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413