Words of Wisdom????? Tips or Tricks????

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Words of Wisdom????? Tips or Tricks????

Cbarnes
Ok,  Y’all are probably ready for me to leave you alone, but…I got the old tank down and out.  The replacement tank and pump were ordered from Rock Auto.  The tank is a front 19 gallon Dorman.  The intank pump is a Carter.  I am having fits trying to get the pump situated correctly, tabs lined up, so that I can put the locking ring on.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carl
1984 F-250, XLT, SuperCab, 460, C-6, 4X4
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Words of Wisdom????? Tips or Tricks????

FuzzFace2
I dont under stand what it is   you are having an issue with?
The pump tabs line up but you cant get the lock ring on?
Or cant get the pump tabs to line up?

Can you post a picture or 2 what you got going on?
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
dorman!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Cbarnes
If you got mis-matched years it'll not fit.  I have a Bullnose Bronco rear tank and bought '96 fuel delivery modules.  The tabs on the FDM won't fit into the slots in the tank, as explained here.  See if those pics match up to yours.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Cbarnes
In reply to this post by FuzzFace2
I will get a couple of pics shortly, but the main problem is that the pump hanger assembly seems to be to long…

Pulled the old pump out and compared them,  the new one isn’t longer, but the sock on the bottom is different, it extends equally both ways out from the bottom of the pump, instead of just one direction like the old pump.

Thanks,
Carl
Reply | Threaded
|

Cbarnes
Pics….

First pic is comparing to the old pump, others are showing the pump setting on bottom of the tank.
I don’t know why the pics are sideways and upside down?

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
very hard to tell in the pictures but..... the first one comparing the two senders, the new one may be the same length, but it does not seem to be as much of a "z" pattern. as if it is hitting the floor of the tank sooner than the original would. the original looks to have more than a 90-degree bend. also, can the sock not rotate 90 degrees?