Wiper Motor protection plate (aka "Cowl Top Outer Panel Extension")

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wiper Motor protection plate (aka "Cowl Top Outer Panel Extension")

BigBrother-84
In reference to this discussion:

I installed the metal sheet I recently bought at my local salvage yard.
The donor truck was a Bricknose, so I wondered if it was going to fit, since I discovered (looking at couple of pictures found on the web) that Bulnose plate was similar but a bit different.

Good news, Bricknose Cowl Top Outer Panel Extension fits perfectly on a Bullnose.

I don't have good pictures, since I was at our chalet and didn't have the right tool to pull out the lower windshield chrome moulding.
So I unscrewed the cowl and was able to slide the plate under.

I highlighted (yellow lines) the contour shape of the under cowl body openings, so we can see that the plate follows perfectly their border.
The plate appears bright, since I painted it in glossy black (pictures top pointing to truck front).

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Wiper Motor protection plate (aka "Cowl Top Outer Panel Extension")

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Excellent!  Good to know that 'cause the Bricknose plates will be easier to find.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

81-F150-Explorer
Glad that you got it together. Looks good.
Truck: 1981 F-150 Explorer / Engine: 300-6 California MCU Feedback System / Trans: T-18 - 4 speed / 2.75 Ford Rear Axle Open Diff.
Reply | Threaded
|

LARIAT 85
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I had to replace mine years ago when I painted my truck.

If I remember correctly, the original one on Lucille was made of metal, and it was badly rusted.  I found a replacement in a junkyard from a 1990 truck and it was made of some sort of hard, but flexible plastic.

They looked exactly the same otherwise.
Lucille:  1985 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

*Colors:  Dark Canyon Red exterior, Canyon Red interior
*Engine: 5.0, CompCams 31-230-3, "Thumper" E7 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Autolite 4100 carburetor, DuraSpark II ignition, Thorley Tri-Y headers, Flowmaster dual exhaust, H-pipe.
*Drivetrain:  AOD transmission, 3.55 gears, 2wd.

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
The Bricknose one I got is aluminum made.
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.