Window clip

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Window clip

IowaTom
Gang - I'm replacing my stainless trim around the windshield of my '85 F150 that the previous owner removed.  Can anyone tell me how this plastic tab goes into the slot?  I can't imagine how the stainless seats snugly with this tab thru the clip.  Duh!

'85 F150 XLT 4X4 with 300 c.i. six & NP435 four speed.
'63 Studebaker Avanti - 350/TH350
'59 Rambler Super - OHV 6 with 3-speed OD
'58 Studebaker Scotsman sedan - 289 with 3-speed OD
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Window clip

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Tom - One reason you've not gotten a response is that you posted this in the New Members Start Here folder.  Each new member is to start a thread about themselves there, but threads about other things, like this clip, belong in the main section.

So I've moved your thread.  Perhaps now someone will see it and comment.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by IowaTom
Its been 2+ years since I messed with this as part of the final rebuild.
I dont remember that plastic part going in the slot.

I will not have time to check into this till maybe the weekend.
I will see if I can check it on my truck but I remember 1 of the moldings is not held on really good and it might be that bottom one?

I have my parts truck molding somewhere and see if I can find them bottom clips and mock them up on what is left of the parts truck cab if I can make heads or tails of how it works.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
very easy to ''mis read'' these lower trim clips. the plastic tab merely slides under the retainer clip past the slot. the outer part of the retainer has a slight lip which grabs the plastic tab. if you will notice the retainer has a receiving width of about an inch yet the plastic tab is only half that. nine tabs/ retainers i believe. if you look at the trim from the back side you can see where the metal is crimped on each side of the plastic tab. be certain the tabs are where they should be as they get slipped past weak crimps very easily. no sense trying to bang trim in with misaligned tabs good luck
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by IowaTom
Maybe this can be helpful...

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow!  Why didn't I think of that?  We have that whole section on the site here: Documentation/Body/Stationary Glass - Butyl Seal.  I put it there, so should have thought of it when the question was asked.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI