Window Track Alignment

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Window Track Alignment

Bullnose Gator
The passenger window gets stuck about halfway up. It appears the regulator arm is off and the window isn't going up the track the way it should, but I don't see any examples of how it should look anywhere so I thought I'd ask here before taking the driver side panel off to compare.

20210715_100520.jpg

20210715_100548.jpg
Jeremy - Oviedo, FL
1986 F250 XLT Lariat Supercab 4x4 Manual 460
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Window Track Alignment

rcarlisle
I can't tell you much.  On mine the pass window is great.  Less used over the years.   Drivers side will go a round or two, then stick.  I release pressure and keep winding.  It goes up eventually.   Can you adjust the position of the window by hand to release whatever is stopping it?
Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I haven’t looked, but we have the shop manual section on this at Documentation/Body/WINDOW GLASS & MECHANISMS - GENERAL SERVICE.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Bullnose Gator
Thanks. I had trouble following the shop manual for my specific problem, but I took the driver's side off so see how it was supposed to work. Turns out my track and regulator arm were somehow way out of whack. Unfortunately, I replaced the motor before figuring that out, thinking the gears were shot. Oh well, at least I shouldn't have to worry about the motor going out for a while lol.
Jeremy - Oviedo, FL
1986 F250 XLT Lariat Supercab 4x4 Manual 460