Where Should This Document Go? (Huge FILE!)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Where Should This Document Go? (Huge FILE!)

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks to Dane we have a new document for the site: 1986 Engine, Emission, and Related Systems - Truck. Basically it tells what changes were made to the 1986 engines and emissions systems over the 1985 systems. For instance, in '86 the front main seal on the 4.9L engine was installed in the timing cover from the front instead of from the inside. (See below for the rest of the document.)

Yes, I know we have a thread called Minor Re-org - Input Requested but that didn't really address something like this. And when I look at the spreadsheet you'll find on the page at Manuals & Literature I don't see a good place to put it.

So I'm looking for help. Can y'all suggest something? It is fair, and maybe good, to suggest a complete re-do on the organization.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Where Should This Document Go? (Huge FILE!)

salans7
"Other" under "Manuals and Literature" sounds good to me.

That is actually a decent book. I didn't realize that the 2.9 engine in Ranger had timing chain guides, or that Ford would change something so minor like how to apply sealant.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I agree with Shaun
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, thanks guys.

And it is a very interesting book.  I'm amazed at the differences, many of which are minor, which shows Ford was learning and adapting.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI