classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Where Has Your Truck Driven To?

ratdude747
Had an idea for a fun thread.

As some of us have seen, a lot of people put maps on the back of their campers showing what states they've driven through. Why not do that with our trucks?

I found a site that lets one create colored maps for free: https://mapchart.net/usa.html

So, to start, here's what I have for my two current trucks (under my ownership, at least):

1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Where Has Your Truck Driven To?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
That's a cool idea, Larry.  Here's the map for Big Blue.  (Note that when you download it'll be a .png and probably too big to load directly.  I opened it in Photoshop and saved it as a .jpg at about 500kb.)

And here's the map for Dad's truck:

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
I just resized them via the "big" size option on the upload. Shrunk it enough. I have to do the same thing with anything off my phone (even the lowest resolution is too big!)
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Did you guys include where your trucks were built? They were there too. My trucks were built in the striped states (F350 in Virginia, the Rangers in the other two) and as far as I know have only ever been in Florida after their initial sale, based off of the records I have for all three. The rust free frames don't lie either.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I didn't think of that, Shaun.  And I also didn't think to save the map configuration.  So I'll have to recreate both maps and add the assembly plant info.  Thanks.

Larry - Look at the difference in size of yours vs mine.  By clicking Big it makes the picture 750 x 750 pixels.  Mine is 5285 x 3762 pixels, which ensure it'll be full width on the screen.  I can read my legend.  Can you read yours?  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Barely, but yes I can.

--

My ranger was built in Louisville... and my F150 was built in Ontario!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ratdude747 wrote
Barely, but yes I can.
I've updated Big Blue's map to include where he was made - Twin Cities.  And I cropped it so there's less white space, which makes it easy for even these old eyes to read.  

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin

Interesting!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by ratdude747
Well, I've been some places since making the original maps... so I get to redo these!

Now using this map which includes Canada for the F150:

https://www.mapchart.net/usa-and-canada.html

Bullnose:

Ranger:

Needed the Bullnose updated for a car show sign I'm working on... And for that document, I reworked it accordingly:

Not including the MFG locations as they're not places I drove them (well, they are now, but I'm only including where they've been under my ownership).

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Cool! An international Bullnose!

Not a Bullnose with an International in it!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Those are nice too!
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by ratdude747
Funny, I like it!

Big Brother's map gives a big paint splash, since the country here is divided in very large provinces and territories, LOL!

To say the truth, this is a more realistic map of Big Bro's mileage.

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by grumpin
grumpin wrote
Cool! An international Bullnose!
Not a Bullnose with an International in it!
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

81-F150-Explorer

Mine isn't very interesting.

Built in Milpitas Ca. AKA: San Jose.
Truck: 1981 F-150 Explorer / Engine: 300-6 California MCU Feedback System / Trans: T-18 - 4 speed / 2.75 Ford Rear Axle Open Diff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting.  I'll have to update Big Blue's in a few weeks.  I should be able to add Texas and New Mexico.  But it really won't be fair to add Texas as I'll just be going across the panhandle and I'll get the whole state.  

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by 81-F150-Explorer
81-F150-Explorer wrote
Mine isn't very interesting.
Ralph, we need to define what's a very interesting map.

For me, yours is really exotic and much more exciting than Big Bro's East Coast one!

I have to confess my impossible dream:  Get time (and money for the gaz), and spread paint all over North America in a huge road trip with Big Bro.
LOL!
Restored 2019-2022.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
BigBrother-84 wrote
Ralph, need to define what's a very interesting map.

For me, yours is really exotic and much more exiting than Big Bro's East Coast one!

I have to confess my impossible dream:  Get time (and money for the gaz), and spread paint all over North America in a huge road trip with Big Bro.
LOL!
Jeff - You could drive him to the show in September.  Come on the east side of the great lakes and go back up the west side.  You'd have paint everywhere!

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Gary Lewis wrote
Jeff - You could drive him to the show in September.  Come on the east side of the great lakes and go back up the west side.  You'd have paint everywhere!
Gary, don't laugh too loud, but I had such conversation with my wife, couple of months ago.
She looked at me as if I was really sick.
Restored 2019-2022.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator

I'm so fortunate with Janey.  A few years ago when my father passed away we had a load of furniture that had been my parents' which our kids wanted - in Nashville and Wilmington, DE.  We were debating how to get it there and she suggested we take Dad's truck.   

And now she's happy to trek across the country in Big Blue.  Yep, it'll cost a bit, but it'll be worth it.

Reply | Threaded
|

81-F150-Explorer
In reply to this post by BigBrother-84
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the state line.

I've driven this truck down roads that some wouldn't take 4x4's.  Driving the back woods with my father. "Well Dad, we are committed because we can't go back." Type scenarios.

I've been as far north as Bend and Riley OR. and as far east as sparks NV., and as far west as the ocean with it. Good memories for sure.

Some of my favorite pictures if any are interested ... All in California ...

Truck: 1981 F-150 Explorer / Engine: 300-6 California MCU Feedback System / Trans: T-18 - 4 speed / 2.75 Ford Rear Axle Open Diff.