What is my truck worth?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What is my truck worth?

MarcG
Hey guys, i need help trying to figure out a price for my truck. I have a barnfind '81 f250 camper special with only 40 000kms, that's right, only 25000 original miles! 100% all original, seat has had a cover since day 1, no cracks in dash, the vinyl flooring doesnt even have a scuff. Interior is mint. Two brown paint is almost perfect, only a small rust spot about 1 1/2" x 5" behind the passenger rear wheel, the tailgate and rear bumper are a bit rough and it could use some new chrome hubcaps. Other than those minor issues she's a beauty! It's just too nice and too rare to be using it as a work truck, especially in the winter... i will post some pictures as soon as possible.. thanks guys
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What is my truck worth?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You didn't tell us much about the truck, like engine or transmission, 2wd or 4wd, HD or not, etc.  And if yours is a barn find it may not be ready to be driven, which is a big deduction in price.

I say that because a vehicle that cannot be driven is usually going to have a number of problems, but you cannot ascertain that w/o driving it, so you have to assume it does - and that really brings the price down.

So tell us more about the truck.  And post some pics.  Fill in the details so we can help you.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

MarcG
Of course you are right gary.. it is 2wd with the 351w. Camper special so I'm not too sure about what extras it has. Not really a "barnfind", i got it from the original owner who drove it once a year from vanderhoof bc to price rupert to see his grandkids, other than that he went for coffee and dump runs so I'm told.. when it came to me i had to get an out-of-province inspection done to get it registered in alberta, passed with flying colors, only needed a vacuum brake booster and thats it. Mechanic said it was super clean underneath. No drips, no leaks, all hoses and belts are fairly new... i drive it everyday,  rides beautifully.  Doesnt shake, rattle, squeak. Doesn't pull to the side or wander...
Reply | Threaded
|

MarcG
Reply | Threaded
|

MarcG
I guess i should've taken some pictures before we got a full on snowstorm.. when the sun comes out I'll post more...
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by MarcG
Nice looking truck!  And it makes a big difference that you drive it every day.  That means most of the issues have been resolved.

That being the case then I'll share what I'm finding on Hagerty.  But bear in mind that Hagerty deals with collector vehicles.  

#4 Fair $9,200
#4 vehicles are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the body has a minor dent. Split seams or a cracked dash, where applicable, might be present. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or other non-stock additions might be present. A #4 vehicle can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a #4.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Gary
What is the next one up from "fair"?
I ask only because it sounds a little better than #4 fair.
Dave  ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, let's see if this works. I downloaded the whole evaluation file and am posting it below so you can see the graph, the sales on which the evaluation is predicated, and the 4 different categories.

But at first blush the first page doesn't come through. If after I post it we still don't see the first page I'll "print" it and post it as well.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yup, the first page doesn't show correctly.  So here 'tis: