What hose did I just tear off my rear axle?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What hose did I just tear off my rear axle?

Littlebeefy
I just noticed that I have a torn hose that comes from a nipple on the drivers side of the rear axle to a hose that tucks in in front of the gas tank. Close up is of the nipple with remnants of hose and the further back shot shows the general area and the hose hanging down that tore free.

I’m going to take this in to get it repaired but I’m not sure it’s safe or advisable to drive it to the shop this way. Is that hose for the brakes or the diff or what?
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What hose did I just tear off my rear axle?

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What hose did I just tear off my rear axle?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Littlebeefy
That's the vent to the rear axle.  The hose gets hard and breaks.  Get a new hose and run it up to where that one stops.  There should be a clip and a little "button" that keeps varmints out.  Re-use them.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI