What have I gotten myself into? 🤣

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What have I gotten myself into? 🤣

essmaker
It has Hedman headers now, but they're just as worn as everything else. Trying to decide if I change them now or later.

I'll ask my better half once she is sleeping and see if she says no. 😄
Erik

1985 F150 4x4 - 351W, C6 - work in progress
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
From what you've said you want to do with the truck I'd say forget the headers.  Good headers that don't leak and need retightened frequently are expensive.  I have L&L's, which do have a nice thick flange, but had to notch the fame to make them fit.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I love using headers and usually do but I also do custom exhaust all the way out. I have not used long tubes on a truck for years simply due to fitment issues and 4wd makes that even harder. I use short headers as a compromise and route the driver side under to the passenger side just as ford does. only not into a y pipe normally. I do have one that is twin primaries from the headers as 2 1/2 going into a y to a single 3" all the way out. ford does this to avoid all driveline issues and front fuel tank and it's very hard to do better. all that said, it is really unnecessary for the masses. how the truck will be used normally is most important and for most the manifold is not only good enough but often better when you consider heat, noise, and repeated bad gaskets. good headers are not cheap and cheap headers are not good
Reply | Threaded
|

essmaker
In reply to this post by essmaker
To show that I am a caring and benevolent guy...I had my youngest son under the truck. He asked for a headrest....so I gave him a 4x4 piece of wood. I am so giving it hurts. 🤣

Erik

1985 F150 4x4 - 351W, C6 - work in progress
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Father Of The Year!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
hey . its good enough for me
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by essmaker
You didn't use it on his kneecaps.

🏆
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.