What Do We Call THE HANGOUT? THE LOUNGE?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
33 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What Do We Call THE HANGOUT? THE LOUNGE?

Rembrant
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Yup. I understand.
I believe Canada has about 1/10 the population of U.S.

And I have friends in N.S. that do just what you are doing.

Meanwhile Americans are venturing to Canada to buy drugs.
But more and more this is being done online.
I'm in N.S. as well. The picture on Gary's homepage is my truck just a few miles from my place.

A colleague of mine from Oregon used to travel up here with work occasionally, and he would usually try to grab a bottle or two of Tylenol One's (With Codeine). They're available over the counter here...and he liked to get some to keep on hand back home;).

As for other purchases...oddly enough, I just heard that we are also shipping vehicles to the US for resale. Two of my friends recently sold Chevy pickup trucks (I believe both were 2014 Silverados, both 4x4). They listed them for sale online locally, and they were both contacted by local dealers that are buying vehicles, shipping them into the US to go into the used car auctions. I guess the profit is all in the exchange rate, and it's not even much profit after shipping...but there's a lot of volume. One guy said they were making about $2000 CDN per vehicle, but it was costing them $1500 each to ship them and process the paper work. Now...$500 per unit may not seem like much profit, but when you're shipping hundreds of them per year...I guess volume wins over margin. Interesting if nothing else.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
1986F150Six wrote
The FORD Lounge...

Friendly
Open
Responsible
Discussion
Ok, since I apparently cannot edit a poll we'll use "Whatever" as The FORD Lounge...

Friendly
Open
Responsible
Discussion

So you can now go change your votes if you wish and we will understand that a vote for Whatever is a vote for FORD.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
As for religion, I don't see that as being nearly the problem of politics.  And most religious people are respectful, so perhaps it won't be an issue.
I respectfully disagree, I have watched religion cause huge issues before on internet forums, and it is best to stray away from any mention of it. Just as there are different political views, there are different religious views, and some people take religion way past where it should go and although I don't believe any of our regular members to be that kind of person, the possibility will always be there.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Shaun,

I'm in agreement and that's exactly why I mentioned it.

While the forum does have a prayer, and I'd be happy to hear what Gary has planned for Sunday school, when people start espousing their religious views or defaming other ones it gets ugly really quick.

I don't think there should be a ban on sharing a confirmation or bar mitzvah, ...whatever, but ideology, theology or idolatry should not be a part of it
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Oh...religion....what a touchy subject....people hate when other people think they are wrong about their views. That is why I keep mine to myself unless I am asked. So ask away guys, I am dying to tell you!!! hahahaha

1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Religion is a deep held belief that literally shapes a person's view of themselves and the world they live in.

It's when they feel questioned or threatened that the fur goes up and the claws come out.

Of course there's always the troll that is willing to push any buttons to elicit the response.

And this is why we all just can't get along.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, we won't "discuss" religion.  But we someone could ask what the Sunday school topic is, or somesuch.

Anyway, here's where we are as of right now:

What should we call "it"?
 The Lounge? (7 votes)
 Off-Topic? (1 vote)
 Dew Drop Inn? Or Do Drop Inn? (1 vote)
 Back In The Day? (0 votes)
 Whatever? (3 votes)
    Total votes: 12
This poll ends on Jul 02, 2019; 9:06pm.

So only three have voted for "Whatever", meaning the FORD Lounge.  So, if you want that you'll need to get some of the votes changed.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
Gary Lewis wrote
So only three have voted for "Whatever", meaning the FORD Lounge.  So, if you want that you'll need to get some of the votes changed.  
I like the FORD Lounge idea, so I have changed my vote accordingly.  
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You and two others changed their votes, Matthew.  So apparently pointing out that things hadn't changed much got people to think about it as we are now in a dead-heat: 6 for The Lounge and 6 for FORD Lounge.  (Yes, folks, "Whatever" translates to FORD Lounge.  I cannot edit the poll so have commandeered Whatever for FORD.)

The Lounge? (6 votes)
 Off-Topic? (0 votes)
 Dew Drop Inn? Or Do Drop Inn? (0 votes)
 Back In The Day? (0 votes)
 Whatever? (6 votes)
    Total votes: 12

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
I changed my vote last night too. Gary, you are the tie breaker. I say make the executive decision and move forward.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
True, I haven't voted.  But let's give it a few more days for those who aren't on as much a chance to vote.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, the votes came down to 7 for FORD Lounge and 6 for Lounge.  And that was w/o my vote.  So we now have The FORD Lounge.  And it is pinned.

Thanks to Jim for suggesting an off-topic thread, and to David for the FORD idea.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Thank you GARY for making it happen!
 Jim,