Open this post in threaded view
|

Victorian two tone 86 Supercab

Ford F834
Administrator
This post was updated on .
https://m.ebay.com/itm/1986-Ford-F-250-XLT-LARIAT/192480048102?_mwBanner=1

SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Victorian two tone 86 Supercab

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

$22,500.00 DOLLARS!

That's a pretty truck and it sure is clean, but that's a lot of money.  Obviously I hope they get it, but did I mention that $22,500 is a lot of money?

Is this truck clean enough to add to the picture gallery?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
If that is too much for you, Gary, you can have mine for half that!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Ford F834
Wow!  
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Best offer on the ad . .so he's seeing if there is interest. Low miles, really sweet looking. Value is created by interest, doubt there is that much interest. But if you compare to what a truck costs new today . .it's a deal  :)
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
Hi , i know this is an older post , but this is the pickup i saved pictutes of , is this two tone style original and can someone let me know thw the colors  , is that Wimbledon white ? . I want to paint my pickup like this . Cheers Vaughn
1986 F150 Lariat Supercab 302 efi , soon to have a 385 ci w , forged crank,king bearings , crower billet rods, Auto tech forged pistons world products Snr heads , Comp retro fit 35-421-8 HR, steel roller lifters , Milodon single idle gear drive , Mallory dual sync dissy ,Motec ECU , Profesional products intake , 75 mm TB , 40lb EV1  , Doug thorly Tri-y long tubes , Block 1974 with 1990 serpentine front drive  and new Motorcraft A/C pump , will put 3G alternator on it , ford racing diff cover and have a new track-loc , to fit .  I have converted it to a 5 speed Tremec TR4250 as the AOD died .
Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
I have found the color on that Marti Auto .build page .
Colonial white and dark shadow blue metalic . Anybody got a picture of that color scheme with the door open and the hood up ? Funny that supercab was built in the same month as mine in the same factory .Cheers ,
1986 F150 Lariat Supercab 302 efi , soon to have a 385 ci w , forged crank,king bearings , crower billet rods, Auto tech forged pistons world products Snr heads , Comp retro fit 35-421-8 HR, steel roller lifters , Milodon single idle gear drive , Mallory dual sync dissy ,Motec ECU , Profesional products intake , 75 mm TB , 40lb EV1  , Doug thorly Tri-y long tubes , Block 1974 with 1990 serpentine front drive  and new Motorcraft A/C pump , will put 3G alternator on it , ford racing diff cover and have a new track-loc , to fit .  I have converted it to a 5 speed Tremec TR4250 as the AOD died .
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
NZCOBRA wrote
I have found the color on that Marti Auto .build page .
Colonial white and dark shadow blue metalic . Anybody got a picture of that color scheme with the door open and the hood up ? Funny that supercab was built in the same month as mine in the same factory .Cheers ,

You are correct on the colors, I was about to post. Got to love that Dark Shadow blue metalic and white. I will be doing this color scheme myself but I think I want the top half of the bed to be dark shadow blue met. as well.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Rodeoclown
Exactly what I'm looking to do on my 86 F-350. Wish the ebay listing was still good. Would've liked to see the other pix. Nice.
'86 F-350 4WD 5.8 C6 R/C SRW A/C XLT-under construction.
Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
I think i saved all of them .
Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
The photos are all still on the web , just search
1986 F250 XLT Lariat Supercab , it came up under pintrest i think , but was Bring a trailer . I think i have all the info i need Cheers
Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
In reply to this post by Rodeoclown
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-ford-f-250/
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Pretty truck!  I see why you want to paint yours like that.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

LARIAT 85
Someone did a lousy job on repainting the upper half of the Victorian tu-tone.  

Look how slanted the top stripe is.  It is supposed to be straight across, and then curl down when it reaches the the end of the front clip.
Lucille:  1985 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

*Colors:  Dark Canyon Red exterior, Canyon Red interior
*Engine: 5.0, CompCams 31-230-3, "Thumper" E7 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Autolite 4100 carburetor, DuraSpark II ignition, Thorley Tri-Y headers, Flowmaster dual exhaust, H-pipe.
*Drivetrain:  AOD transmission, 3.55 gears, 2wd.

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
LARIAT 85 wrote
Someone did a lousy job on repainting the upper half of the Victorian tu-tone.  

Look how slanted the top stripe is.  It is supposed to be straight across, and then curl down when it reaches the the end of the front clip.
Trying to clear the door handle?>..
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by LARIAT 85
Someone did a custom job on repainting the upper half of the Victorian tu-tone.  
Sorry, but "lousy" isn't the right word here (regardless of my obvious preference as seen below ).

I would be closer, although it's still a clean job, to calling this 34k Bronco out in that regard as the door is straight but the fender slants down.

But I will say I am no doubt biased in favor of the slant. This was the truck that I was dead set on using the same style and color scheme on. In the end, I deviated from it a little in style and color (and if I were to do it again I would probably get rid of the factory lower trim for a cleaner look). If I didn't have a tan interior I would have definitely gone with the factory blue exterior. The blue/white is a very sharp combo.

Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

LARIAT 85
It is *supposed* to look more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmKDrWy62u4

Lucille:  1985 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

*Colors:  Dark Canyon Red exterior, Canyon Red interior
*Engine: 5.0, CompCams 31-230-3, "Thumper" E7 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Autolite 4100 carburetor, DuraSpark II ignition, Thorley Tri-Y headers, Flowmaster dual exhaust, H-pipe.
*Drivetrain:  AOD transmission, 3.55 gears, 2wd.

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Oh don't misunderstand me, I am not arguing where the factory line was. I am saying that with the blue/white truck it is obvious they intended for the slant to be there and from the photos I've looked at, it is well done.

One could make a comment about the wording used of "factory-correct repaint" on BaT if they wanted...
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio