Vaccum

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Vaccum

Mushrat79
Looking for some good images to compare with my 86 351W 2WD to figure out my vaccum situation.  It's the original Motorcraft carb.  This is what I have.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Vaccum

Gary Lewis
Administrator
See if this helps: Documentation/Underhood/Vacuum Systems/351W.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Mushrat79
So, I've since replaced the 2bbl with a 4bll.  Turns out, this is not the original set up, as 1986 F150's with a 351W were only offered with a 4bbl.  So, at some point an engine swap happened.  At least, that's what I'm thinking. I can't imagine anyone purposely starving that Windsor with a 2bbl carb.

So now I have an edelbrock performer with a Demon carb.  
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by Mushrat79
Is there any sort of ID tag on the engine, either a label on the valve cover or a tag on the intake manifold? The F250 over 8500 lbs and the F350 were a different emission class than the F150.

I also wonder if it could have originally been a CA spec truck.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
What's the eighth digit of the VIN?
H or W?

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
since you have changed to an edelbrock/ demon setup, what vacuum are you concerned about? are you still wanting to use the emission and warm up vacuum system, or do you just want to run the truck?
running the truck is simple. start by capping them all. now comes vehicle priority. brake booster, pcv, chassis vacuum tree for heat/ac, dist advance. I assume that you now have an electric choke and that will need 12v instead of the resisted down voltage from the factory. unless you have a mechanical choke of course. it can be as simple as this.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
If it was a factory HO truck he has a 12V choke wire and a relay being pulled in by the stator circuit.
That's why I asked about his VIN.....

OTOH the Demon is about like any other Holley and he could just swap the single bullet Motorcraft choke cap over to it.

But it's difficult to know all these things over the Internet, when in person we would know at a glance.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.