Ugly Betty

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ugly Betty

Joediveguy
Hey Y'All. New member here. I picked up a 1981 Bullnose that had been sitting at a Central Texas hunting ranch for the past 20 years. Solid truck with plenty of surface rust but only minor rust through. I've named her Ugly Betty. She is not so pretty on the outside but she is pretty where it counts. Running 4.9 with a SROD 4 speed.

All the rubber is rotted underneath so the first task is rebuilding the front and rear suspension, brakes, u-joints, and body mounts....pretty much everything that is rubber or needs grease is getting replaced. Big plans!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ugly Betty

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Joe!  Glad you joined.  

Sounds like a worthwhile project.  And that's easy enough stuff to do.

Are you in Tejas?  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you with a city/state or a zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Joediveguy
Yes Sir, I am in Corpus Christi.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now, quite literally, on the map.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

JimJam300
In reply to this post by Joediveguy
That's the same exact story as my SROD-equipped 4.9L 82 Bronco. Hopefully that means yours is all original too!

Sweet rig. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
1982 Bronco restomod in progress: Built 4.9L, T19 4spd, 9" 3.00 rear w/ Eaton TrueTrac, 31" tires, fuel injection soon
https://www.youtube.com/@jimjamauto