Typo in Documentation?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Typo in Documentation?

AmericanSavage
As I noted on my restore thread, I am going to have to change the front U joints--I noticed one completely loose in my loose tie rod discovery on D Side.

I have been plotting my attack on this future project because I know it is involved.  Since I have a 350, manual hub, and a 4:10 rear, it was rather easy to determine I have a Dana 50 IFS on the front.  

There is a diagram on GGM documentation for drivetrain that shows the parts list for a 1980 150-350 4WD.  In the instructions, there is a list of the LIGHT book diagrams from  Section 15 for the 44HD and 50 IFS.

In the general diagram, it lists 3 seals all 1175.  The parts list shows 3 1175 seals.

In the Section 15, it lists one part as 3132.  This is the way it looks in MY Light as well.

I should say, I see nowhere in LIGHT the general diagram in the Drivetrain documentation Gary provided--I could be missing something somewhere.  But that diagram Gary posted also has an addendum on it for part 3K254.

Anyway to the point:  I looked in the parts list several times now and see no part 3132.  So, is this not a typo in Light section 15?

Pic below:

1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Typo in Documentation?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm not sure I understand, but does this help?

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
Gary Lewis wrote

If you look in Docs>Driveline>Front Axles/Diffs--the illustration tab notes a general diagram.  All those parts listed for the seals are 1175.

If you go to the the INSTRUCTIONS part of the same document group, it lists the section 15-34 of LIGHT and has diagrams for the Dana 44-50 IFS.  

It is in that spot that it lists what I think should be an 1175 seal as 3132.  The pic I captured is from Light section 15-34.  
1980 Ford XLT F350
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote

BTW, yes, it does confirm what I see in the parts list for 30.4--your image looks a little different--what is that from and where?!
1980 Ford XLT F350
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I got it from this page in the Text section of the MPC:

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
This post was updated on .
Gary Lewis wrote
I got it from this page in the Text section of the MPC:

Thank you Gary—is that the 80/89 Master Parts Catalog I see at also for sale at LMC?  

https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/fd-master-parts-catalog-usb

I, as always appreciate all the help you have provided!  Cheers!
1980 Ford XLT F350
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I assume it is the same as the one LMC sells, but I've not looked at theirs.  Mine came from Hipo Parts, but as far as I know there are only two different ones being sold.  There's the one by David Forell, which is already OCR'd, and then there's the "other one" that is just a collection of pictures of the pages.

I have a copy of both and unless David had improved his OCR'ing his isn't worth the difference.  I OCR'd the one I have and searched for the same things in both David's and mine and found many more instances in what I OCR'd.

But both of them are apparently of the same copy of the 1994 "final version" of the 1980 - 89 MPC.  I say that because they both have the same omissions and the same glitches on some pages.