classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Truck Show Registration, Ballot, & Truck Information - Thoughts, Please

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The further I get into setting up the show the more I realize how many things there are to do.    And three more things come to mind - registering the truck for the show, a ballot for people to vote on, and information on the truck about the truck.

On registration, I think the only info we need is below, but want your thoughts:
Name
Hometown
Model of truck (we need this to ensure the Closest To Stock votes are legit, and just for grins)
Miles driven to get here (So we can award the prize)

As for the info on the truck, there will at least need to be the registration # we assign so people can vote for the truck, but also the model number since only pre-2000 trucks are eligible for the Closest To Stock award.  But, people may be interested in lots of other things about the truck.  In fact, in many shows people bring picture albums, fact boards, etc to tell everything there is to know about the vehicle.  So, the question becomes what materials I should provide, if any, for people to tell about their truck?  To me, just giving each person a sticky with the registration # and model year hand-written on it would be adequate, but what do you think?

And, I've created a sample ballot.  What do you think of it?  As shown it can be printed on a 3x5 card and we can have a stack of them at the registration table.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Truck Show Registration, Ballot, & Truck Information - Thoughts, Please

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And here's the mocked-up registration form.  My thinking is we'll just hand-write the registration # and model year of the truck on a sticky and put it on the windshield - for those trucks that have a windshield.  

Anyway, your thoughts please!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, thanks for all the suggestions on the ballot and the registration pages.  I'm now moving forward with every one of them.  

Seriously though, I just sent this off to the shop that is doing the banners, printing, scanning, etc.  We'll see what the price is and have a bunch printed up on 3x5 card stock.

And I'll print the registration form myself.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I vote to go as you have presented... K.I.S.S.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow, Hirsute!  That stuff tickles!  

Ok, thanks.  I've already given the go-ahead on printing 200 ballots, and will print the registration forms myself.

I should give the go-ahead on the "business" cards tomorrow.  (Typing that out, I'm reminded of the septic pumping guy's motto - "We handle your 'business'".  He was just here yesterday, so that's imprinted on my brain.  )

I'll pick up the trophies tomorrow.  And I'm borrowing a "ballot box" from church.  Plus the volleyball standards are there to stretch the banners between - and I just put cord (small rope) in Big Blue's tool box for tying up the banners.  And, speaking of cord, I just put probably 250' of extension cords in Big Blue for the welding guy so he can have 110v - but not for the welders.

Which makes me think of Tim - he will get in Friday afternoon some time and I'll need to meet him at the church building to place his motorhome and trailer.  Then I'll bring him back to the house to meet the rest of y'all that are coming as well as to have dinner - Mac's.  

So, what am I missing?

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Gary Lewis wrote
So, what am I missing?
It's getting cold overnight, even in California.

What if it snows when we get there?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Rent a 4wd truck?